Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner SS7 are looking for trainees.

SS7 are looking for trainees.

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner SS7 are looking for trainees.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    paul norman
    Participant

Nothing in writing yet.
    Jill said stuff would come through when they had firm dates for the training, but that the job offer is confirmed.
    Guess that they need to get a course worth of people with confirmed availibility, before contracts, etc, can be dished out.
    I think they were looking for the first course to start mid september though (3-4 weeks).
    Nothing said about certs, so I’m guessing that they will schedule that on the end or start of training. I know I will need everything as I said I had nothing on my application.
    I’m sure we will here soon though 8)

Paul

James Donnachie
    Participant

I was told we would be on a day rate, not eligible for the benefits like private medical etc until/if taken on as salary staff.

Paul, I am mechanical/hydraulic by trade, been working multi skilled for the last few years though!

Can’t wait to start! Gotta get a notice written up….

leigh
    Participant

Jill explained that since the interviews there was a rethink going on about salary/day rate. The thinking being that these courses were all costly and an investment to both us and Ss7, so as not to loose people after training had been completed they were seriously thinking of giving out the whole package!

paul norman
    Participant

Thats interesting nocker.
    I wonder what the difference in pay would be between day rate and salary, and how its worked out.

To be honest, I’m happy to have a opportunity after being unemployed for so long, and in something that I find intesting.

Paul

leigh
    Participant

Paul

Seems like this is an unpresidented situation for Ss7 with such a large intake, for interviews, courses and ships to place us on, your right of course, nice to be getting back to it and it is enjoyable!! Salary you would expect to be better!! Plus the benefits package!! However I asked because I feel uneasy being asked to accept a job offer without knowing my T&C…. Still find out in couple of days =]
    We’re you on morning or afternoon interview on the Monday?

paul norman
    Participant

morning interviews, then travelled back down to lincoln

Garry
    Participant

The HR girly (Jill) said 7 working days for notifications.
    So should hear between Tuesday and Friday(depending if they waited for all interviews to complete), as no bank holiday in Scotland.

Good Luck to everone who was there.
    Paul

Hi Paul do you know what is the HR Jill email? Interested in sending my CV. Does anybody know if this Trainee position still open? Keen to join in ROV industry as well.

Thanks

paul norman
    Participant

PM sent

John Bridgett
    Participant

PM sent

Could I have her email addy too please.

Cheers – J

John Devanney
    Participant

I got offered a job today on day rate. Which Ive accepted 😀

Jude Obulunne
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Can i get Jills email too please. Just want to send my cv.
    Thanks
    KK

paul norman
    Participant

Gratz jd

Funny that you have been offered day rate, as I’ve got a salary position offered.
    Guess they must be mixing it up a little.
    Whens your training?
    Im mid Oct period

Paul

John Devanney
    Participant

Cheers Paul

Oct too. See you there!

John

leigh
    Participant

Afternoon Gents,
    Anybody been sent their contracts and T&C’s yet?
    Am itching to get my notice into my current employer and to see what Subsea7 has to offer!!!

Mr Impatient! Lol

paul norman
    Participant

Last I heard was that on Wednesday they were talking to Training provider about training dates.
    So hopefully we should get a response/letters early next week.

Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar