Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Submersible – GOM ROV Transition

Submersible – GOM ROV Transition

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Submersible – GOM ROV Transition

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Colin Wollerman
    Participant

First Post. Hi All, I have been doing some research and this forum has helped. Thanks.

I have been supporting research driven manned sub ops and refits for almost 15 years. I love my job but times are changing and it is time to move on. I do have some ROV experience too.

Looking at relocating to South Texas for personal reasons
    From the research I have done and the conversations I have had it looks like I can cross over into a Grade II position to get started. That being said, whoever hires me will have to bring me up to speed with off shore oil and gas personnel requirements and training, a significant investment.

I have placed my CV with some Houston based companies and had some positive feedback but no offers yet.
    I feel like I am shooting in the dark. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Colin Wollerman
    Participant

Feel free to let me know if this post is in the wrong place…

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Subguy ,
    Google ROV’s – Type in ROV companies – America . Find out their locations and ask for an interview ! Simple as that !
    Good luck 🙂

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Subguy

You just need to keep knocking on doors, phoning, email etc until someone offers you some work.

By what you say your experience would be pretty useful offshore so you should do OK. Don’t worry too much about not having Oil & Gas experience. You’ll pick that up soon enough.

Colin Wollerman
    Participant

Thanks guys,

I will keep knocking and researching.

Aloha!

Colin Wollerman
    Participant

Hi all
    I have accepted an offer from Canyon Offshore. They seem like a pretty solid company and I look forward to getting offshore with them. I appreciate the info I have found on this web site and forum that helped me land this position.

Thanks,

John Bridgett
    Participant

Hi all
    I have accepted an offer from Canyon Offshore. They seem like a pretty solid company and I look forward to getting offshore with them. I appreciate the info I have found on this web site and forum that helped me land this position.

Thanks,

Well done, keep us updated how it goes, enjoy!

IS

Colin Wollerman
    Participant

You got it.

First off, they have been very thorough with the pre-hire process. The office girls I have been dealing with are friendly and professional…pretty much on-the-ball, and are guiding me through the piles of paperwork.

I have requested a late July start so won’t have much till then.

Cheers

Colin Wollerman
    Participant

Well,
    Just wrapped up my new hire orientation and associated training in Houston. Everything went smoothly. Canyon provided a car and access to a company apartment for the week, although I stayed with a friend, the apt. was there if I needed it.
    I wasn’t real impressed with the Falck training but they were nice enough and I got my cards.
    Heading offshore tomorrow to work on the H534 well ops ship. Not sure what sysem(s)…

Cheers

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Hey Subguy

Good luck on your first trip :tup:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar