Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Supervisors – Question

Supervisors – Question

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Supervisors – Question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Good morning,

I’m after a bit of advice really. As an agency, we are actively seeking a Supervisor for work offshore Aberdeen. It is just a short 1 week job using the Falcon.

I’ve advertised this job in various places and don’t seem to be getting any luck.

I was just wondering if this is due to a lack of available experienced personnel around, or if it is due to the day rate being offered by the client, of £400-420 per day.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

It maybe because this time of year anyone worth their salt is working then again it maybe because the rate is low and people do not wish to work for that particular company.
    No Doubt someone will apply , but no experience.

sedco
    Participant

If you advertised that job at £550-600 per day you MIGHT get a better response. That and up is what experienced freelance Supervisors are looking for at this time of the year. Even at that there are still not too many available.

Ray Shields
    Participant

It is because the rate is too low and also a short duration job. As its peak season, a lot of people do not want to be wasting working days between jobs.

As we have seen recently, there are a LOT of adverts, our own company needs new people and asks how we can attract them. We do this job for the money, ROV rates have stagnated compared to other offshore rates for a long time now.

Its quite easy, if Company A offer £400 a day and Company B offer £450, who are you going to work for?? As Agencies, I would like to think that you will feed back to the Clients that their rates are too low, they are well overdue an increase. Take ROV Pilots in Australia for example, over double the rates here. And ROVing is a worldwide industry with people working worldwide too.

Rates should always go up in Summer, supply and demand, the company needs people, they have to pay the money to get them.

T-Boy
    Participant

There ARE experienced personnel available AND there are those that favour ad-hoc work.

Where you, and the majority of other agencies are failing in your salesperson tactics is your inability to negotiate a rate that is commensurate with the role and responsibility, with the client.
    👿

Whilst it is busier at this time in the season, it does not negate the basic fact that is, if the rate can be justified, then you will get takers.

It really is, that simple.

FYI: I work via agencies and get good 2012 market rates.

The reason for my question was to really assess the current market.

I’m fairly new to the worls of offshore recruitment, and thought there would be no better way to find out what the issues were than to speak to you guys directly via this forum.

I appreciate all of your responses and assistance on this, thank you 🙂

I also meant world, not worls*, sorry

Northseahero
    Participant

This rate is too low, that is why you are not getting an experienced Supervisor.

You wont get anyone from Asia for the job as experienced Supervisors are getting US$1000 – $1100 a day now.

It is also well known that a couple of Middle East ROV companies are offering well under the going rate for personnel.

Lets hope they get what they deserve – lose ROV’s, and go out of business.

deepseacon
    Participant

Linsey

Here is a copy below of a job add you are trying to fill do you find it easy to place on this contract?

3x ROV Pilot/Tech for a pipeline & platform inspection project in Qatar starting 1st July for a period of 6 weeks on a regular back to back rotation using Sealion.

As i know several companies trying to get guys for 500 USD and while i do know some UK Agents offering around 340-350GBP? there is some difference.

How can you place if many agents are going in at 500 USD to the contractor may be there charge rate is the same but i doubt it they surely would drop it a small percentage to gain the sales. Maybe Fugro have a fixed rate and those agents are trying it on.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar