Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Take a pay cut or not??

Take a pay cut or not??

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Take a pay cut or not??

Viewing 13 posts - 166 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

You could always change your profession of course 😀

Lost,

Our problem would be that we couldn’t work in those top slots as we act as a team and (very generally) are pretty good to each other. 8)

Mark DuPriest
    Participant

2x Pilots/Seniors and 2 x Supers – Work Class
    10 years + experience for 2x Pilots/Seniors and 2 Supers – MUST BE ELECTRONICS FOCUSSED. Singapore – 4:4 or 8:4 – Confidential project.

$400/day for Pilots/Seniors and $450/day+ for Supers.

😥 👿

Spencer Ogden Energy is a new, innovative, and fast growing business in energy recruitment. Spencer Ogden’s energy consultants are acknowledged to be industry leading recruiters committed to

blackbeard
    Participant

2x Pilots/Seniors and 2 x Supers – Work Class
    10 years + experience for 2x Pilots/Seniors and 2 Supers – MUST BE ELECTRONICS FOCUSSED. Singapore – 4:4 or 8:4 – Confidential project.

$400/day for Pilots/Seniors and $450/day+ for Supers.

😥 👿

Spencer Ogden Energy is a new, innovative, and fast growing business in energy recruitment. Spencer Ogden’s energy consultants are acknowledged to be industry leading recruiters committed to

No one in there right mind is going to work for that,

and lets hope " Spencer Ogden Energy is a new, innovative, and fast growing business in energy recruitment. Spencer Ogden’s energy consultants " go right down the pan PRONTO!!!!

DJansen
    Participant

I’m just guessing that it was a 10 year old advert.. Well the dayrate is 10rs out of touch anyhow..

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Supply and demand… they see an oversupply and thus try it on. It’s most likely not the agency committing this crime but the companies trying it on as per usual.

Robert Branch
    Participant

In Australia to work in any other trade..ie carpenter,electrician,hairdresser,etc,etc…you need to be Qualified,but Oh No,not in ROV..You have to work with 2500Volts,but you dont need to have a qualification to prove you know what you are doing,if you are in the Clan..What a pathetic,fucked up industry…Why is it that a Hairdresser needs to prove their qualification before they will be employed,but a ROV pilot,electrician,mechanic etc..doesnt..What is it with this industry.Does anyone have an answer?

DJansen
    Participant

Guess cos if a guy is super well qualified he doesn’t need to work offshore..
    In the past there was a shortage of guys so many everyday blokes were given ‘a fair go’ whatever their background.
    If they turned out to be useless they got run off.. If they pulled their weight and learnt as the went they got to come back.
    But that all seems to have changed… Now nobody gets run off and if some fella gets NRB’d he’d be working again the following month on a different vessel.. This is the real problem. The authority has been taken from the onsite supervisors (to much contact with the beach via email now) Before if a Supv said ‘he’s useless’ that was enough.. But it seems that the HR lot on the beach make the decisions now and keep re-hiring the hopeless fellas as it’s easier (an cheaper) than trying to find a decent guy.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Djan,

There’s still a few good ops. mgrs. around which still listen to the offshore supvs. Albeit, far and few in between….

ANCHORMAN
    Participant

Ok I am a sprog ,newbie depends how long you have been in the game and who is judging me. ROV for just over 3 years. Still at pilot level. Came out of (FW) and freelanced from day one. Did very well for the first 2.5 years. Slowly built my day rate up. What confuses me and I hope you more experienced guys can offer an answer. Is my day rate has never stayed the same. Depending on who i worked for and if i went direct or through an agent and which agent. £50 drop or rise on a rate I thought was reasonable. What i loose on one job I hope to make up on another. Is this so wrong? I have been on the beach 6 months now but not because i want it that way. Just guess I have to wait my turn for the more employable ones among you to get out there first. But my turn will come. You can’t call me a scab because I am not undercutting anyone. I know what i will except as a day rate and am not scared to say No. But if it is less than the guy stood next to me and I have no way of knowing what he is happy to take Then am I undercutting any one? If there was a set wage for a set level and i dropped below that then I would be destroying my industry . Bit pointless post from me as I am still looking for my first job this year and have not even undercut myself yet.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Ok I am a sprog ,newbie depends how long you have been in the game and who is judging me. ROV for just over 3 years. Still at pilot level. Came out of (FW) and freelanced from day one. Did very well for the first 2.5 years. Slowly built my day rate up. What confuses me and I hope you more experienced guys can offer an answer. Is my day rate has never stayed the same. Depending on who i worked for and if i went direct or through an agent and which agent. £50 drop or rise on a rate I thought was reasonable. What i loose on one job I hope to make up on another. Is this so wrong? I have been on the beach 6 months now but not because i want it that way. Just guess I have to wait my turn for the more employable ones among you to get out there first. But my turn will come. You can’t call me a scab because I am not undercutting anyone. I know what i will except as a day rate and am not scared to say No. But if it is less than the guy stood next to me and I have no way of knowing what he is happy to take Then am I undercutting any one? If there was a set wage for a set level and i dropped below that then I would be destroying my industry . Bit pointless post from me as I am still looking for my first job this year and have not even undercut myself yet.

GOOD!!! Don’t drop your rate! Stand firm.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Yeah, when you have no money left, Scott will send you some over.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Although it has had a good run, I sense (in a month or so) this thread will die a natural death. I sincerely hope I do not need to eat my words at some point 🙁

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Yeah, when you have no money left, Scott will send you some over.

Ray,

You speak like a true-blue chair polisher (yet you still head offshore….). I wish that was the case for myself… Persevere everyone!

Viewing 13 posts - 166 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar