Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Take a pay cut or not??

Take a pay cut or not??

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Take a pay cut or not??

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    senior
    Participant

STR RECRUITMENT( ROVwork on here), I posted this earlier, maybe on a different thread, but who cares.
    Name and shame them. strgroup

one for all all for one.

Senior :mrgreen:

Robert Branch
    Participant

CTC,Subserv Pro,Rumic better watch their ass…In Australia..because there are now alot of people here aware what is going on..

Toni Morgan
    Participant

Can’t believe the amount of bitching going on here. Lets face facts, if your willing to work for crap money just for the sake of earning money then the industry will follow suit and offer crap wages.

Don’t sell yourself out, keep the day rates high by accepting what you think your worth, unless your a trainee.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

…because there are now a lot of people here aware what is going on..

That’s because ‘finally’ people started posted actual information rather than dropping vague suggestions/hints into the thread.

Lets not forget that the traditional role of an agency was to represent you, the feelancer, and obtain the best rate an your behalf… not call you and ask you to take a pay cut! The cost of living always goes up… worst case scenario is rates should freeze for a while but never go down.

Given the current climate of rates attempting to be undermined by companies (via agencies) and worse still accepted by some individuals, I can see the usual scenario looming of companies shedding salary people in the hope of employing cheaper agency hands by way of substitute and a saving on costs.

Now lets see who is pushing for people to take rate cuts?

Who has called you and asked you to take a drop this year?

Robert Branch
    Participant

before I go any further we are not talking about the ROV industry in the UK here,which is f–ked,we are talking about the ROV industry in Australia which has union agreed dayrates,which are still lower than alot of other dayrates paid to other professions in the offshore oil and gas industry,and that includes divers…so we have set rates here unlike Polish England…and I for one will have no hesitation on contcacting the Australian tax office /immigration department/MUA if I ever come across anyone working here in australia and not paying tax,or working here illegally,or any scabs who are undercutting their workmates..

luckyjim37
    Participant

Surely the role of the agency is to fill gaps in employers workforces. They can only offer us a rate which they get offered less whatever the percentage they take is.

Therefore it is not the agencies fault if we as the agency worker take the job.

As for the bitching about Austrailian rates lets see what actually happens if the MUA or whatever the uni0n down there is called do something it may support the uni0n push to fix rates in the North sea. However if they do not it may undermine it.

As far as I see it Subserv, Rumic, UkPS and PR Offshore all have comparable rates or at least on the job offers I have received.

Supervisor rates seem to run from £390 up to around £440ish depending on the company you work for. That is reasonable money in my opinion.

Robert Branch
    Participant

I earn 700 pounds per day as a Sub Eng working in Australia,so I still take home 450 pounds per day after tax approx,so its all legal.Im not constantly looking over my shoulder or worried that Im not paying tax and that the inland revenue has got their eye on me..Im happy with my take home pay of 450 pounds per day…..But Im still paid about 150 pounds less per day than a trades assistant who basically will help a welder by grinding down his welds,etc…….Cmon mate you are one of those me,me,me guys..Its all about teamwork in the ROV industry is it not???

James McLauchlan
    Participant

luckyjim37
    I wondered when you would pop up and upset the apple cart by going against the grain and siding with the employers. It was getting a bit one sided around here with people agreeing in general that taking a rate cut was the wrong way to go and company men like yourself not dropping in to offer a counter opinion.

Supervisor rates seem to run from £390 up to around £440ish depending on the company you work for. That is reasonable money in my opinion.

Your attitude is laughable and, although it is your opinion, you are welcome to it.

"That is reasonable money in my opinion"

I suppose a CSWIP 3.4u getting £500.00/day is reasonable too, as far as they are concerned… which is about the going rate. Yet, you settle for 390-440 ish as an ROV supervisor? I have to wonder what motivates you?

No wonder the UK ROV industry is struggling on rates and conditions with people like you touting those kinds of opinions around.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

…….Cmon mate you are one of those me,me,me guys..Its all about teamwork in the ROV industry is it not???

Obviously not judging by some remarks posted around here.. especially those of luckyjim37.

He would find it ‘reasonable’ to take home ‘gross’ less than you take home after tax!

Why?

bt
    Participant

No point in being a day rater if thats the going rate for a supervisor. Company men are on more.

£500 for a 3.4u is right with about a years experience so if your short get yourself on a course.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Anyone else happy to take a rate cut?

Robert Branch
    Participant

I will never take a pay cut no matter what,and all the guys I know that work in other professions offshore in Australia would never take a paycut.Its only the unskilled ex butchers,bakers and candlestick makers Who have wormed their way into the ROV industry that are destroying it,and working for a pittance…slimy scum..

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez What an absolute ball ache 👿
    Comes down to Morons with pratically NO experience who somehow only after a few years in the industry think they can go Freelance as Twenty year Experienced ROV pilots 😯 They also don’t have the experience to be supervisors either ! MUPPET 👿
    Because they do NOT have the experience but need it ! they then cut their rates to get the work and they should not be doing it in the first place 👿
    We should kick all foriegners out of the Northsea ( UK side ) If the said alien bodies don’t allow us to work in their countries.
    That , Includes all the Marsupials working in the UK and not paying UK tax 😈

senior
    Participant

I don’t think its all down to the green guys, even the "experienced" guys will work for less than they did in the previous year.
    As I have stated, I look after my money and my money looks after me 😛

Fair enough lostboy, you sound like you have had your fair amount of Muppets (supervisors or not), but that is a different axe to grind, as you have said " run them off the job".

I do agree with you on the foreigners issues, Our jobs ain’t safe with inexperienced muppets "trying " to do our jobs for cheaper.

Senior $$ :mrgreen:

luckyjim37
    Participant

[luckyjim37
    I wondered when you would pop up and upset the apple cart by going against the grain and siding with the employers. It was getting a bit one sided around here with people agreeing in general that taking a rate cut was the wrong way to go and company men like yourself not dropping in to offer a counter opinion. ]

I am not a company man nor have I been for several years. I know how much I need to live a good standard of living and the day rates I mentioned more than cover that.

Your attitude is laughable and, although it is your opinion, you are welcome to it.

"That is reasonable money in my opinion"
    I suppose a CSWIP 3.4u getting £500.00/day is reasonable too, as far as they are concerned… which is about the going rate. Yet, you settle for 390-440 ish as an ROV supervisor? I have to wonder what motivates you?

No wonder the UK ROV industry is struggling on rates and conditions with people like you touting those kinds of opinions around.

] I do not know anything about what a 3.4u earns as that is not my job title so not my concern.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar