Home Forums General General Board The Future of the Industry

The Future of the Industry

Home Forums General General Board The Future of the Industry

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    baglimit
    Participant

i will open by saying i am not anti union, and this is purely MY experience.

i find unions will do pretty much like everyone else out there – they will take care of those that PAY THEM THE MOST. the railways are mentioned as well catered for – dare i say they contribute more in dues than the ROV industry.

if the ROV’rs want help, i think theyve got 2 options.

1. greatly increase payment of dues to the union for their assistance – therefore i suggest a negotiation to take on your case – would probably be very costly.
    2. a mass walkout, where the situation is made very clear, the crowd hold firm and then maybe, if the bigboys deem you irreplaceable, you’ll get somewhere id say – again very costly, in terms of lost income during the strike.

i assume everyone would have their local similarities, but from an OZ point of view, look up the shearers strike of the 1950’s – they got what they wanted – eventually.

Anonymous

I think after this long crisis adventure, company will think lot better before hire personnel again, and use agency as much as possible.
    Unfortunately european agency are not able to join and make an accord.
    We well know, the massive tech and best pilots/supv etc come from europe, most in uk, so would be not difficult fix the minimum amount for every single role (senior pilot-junior pilot, senior superv…..), an high dayrate, and provide personnel to company only at this amount.
    We are a lot in europe and with good proff, so would be difficult for them go around the world and find out other people.
    And for sure in this trade union many other people from the world will join, for have high dayrate.
    People who remain out obviusly will be the non proff, the rov crash guys, the difference. And we should not want them in our team, because unsafe, dangerous, usless

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Capouno50,

The agencies are STILL hiring plonkers!!! 😕 🙄

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar