Home Forums General General Board TLO – general opinion please

TLO – general opinion please

Home Forums General General Board TLO – general opinion please

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

TLO – Malaysian offshore operator (truly Asia!!)

Having worked with this mob this year I just wondered who had worked for these people. I appreciate the joys of working in Asia, you know, crap boats, crap food, crap crap! but these people make an art out of it.

It goes to prove that clients, no matter how large, no matter how deep there pockets, they still choose the cheap option. Sometimes the Gas and Oil industry pisses me of. Give me all your horror stories please, it will make me feel better!!!

sedco
    Participant

TLO – Totally Lost Offshore 😀

liddelljohn
    Participant

Worked on a TLO job 5 years ago , they were hopless , they lost a new $1m Manitowoc crane over the side on 3rd day on site because the TLO enginners were giving the crane driver confusing instructions he jumped clear , in 2, 8 week trips we did virtually no pipe lay only 1,6km laid in 8 months because the TLO engineers were arrogant incompetant idiots and did not care , they are all placemen jobs from uncle or patron , ROV was from OC we were ready and waiting for ops every day, most of the time we waited and waited and waited food was dire accomodation was 6 man rooms , no internet at all on the barge .

TLO hired divers from India that had no qualifications they were river divers but cheap they would not go below 10m ,that was funny
    amazing thing is there was not much pressure from Petronas the client either . to many placemen in the food chain .

basicly a pleasant south china sea relaxing cruise apart from the shit food never more than 4 hours work a day ,play cards, .work on tan , fishing

Andy Shiers
    Participant

So that’s where you gained your experience 😆

Jason
    Participant

Worked on a TLO job 5 years ago , they were hopless , they lost a new $1m Manitowoc crane over the side on 3rd day on site because the TLO enginners were giving the crane driver confusing instructions he jumped clear , in 2, 8 week trips we did virtually no pipe lay only 1,6km laid in 8 months because the TLO engineers were arrogant incompetant idiots and did not care , they are all placemen jobs from uncle or patron , ROV was from OC we were ready and waiting for ops every day, most of the time we waited and waited and waited food was dire accomodation was 6 man rooms , no internet at all on the barge .

TLO hired divers from India that had no qualifications they were river divers but cheap they would not go below 10m ,that was funny
    amazing thing is there was not much pressure from Petronas the client either . to many placemen in the food chain .

basicly a pleasant south china sea relaxing cruise apart from the shit food never more than 4 hours work a day ,play cards, .work on tan , fishing

SO its good to know they have’nt learnt a thing in 5 years. Maybe thats harsh, we have managed to lay 8 pipelines in the same timeframe. The arrogance has not changed, I have never met such a bunch of ignorant individuals in my time offshore. We do have internet, just, if you jump up and down on one foot with a finger in your ear you can get reception and as long as the crane boom is in the right spot. I have lost count the number of times we have run out of drinking water/milk/vegatables. I suppose at the end of the day its still a third world environment and you have to role with it. Will it ever change???? I dont think so.

piedpiper
    Participant

I have lost count the number of times we have run out of drinking water/milk/vegatables. I suppose at the end of the day its still a third world environment and you have to role with it. Will it ever change???? I dont think so.

No, it won’t change if people like you put up with it. Simples !

Piedpiper

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Dead on the nail , ……… Alas When in desperation to gain experience people are willing to do anything to get on the Meal wagon 😕 ………….. And the Agencies are willing to "Bum on seats" to get their pint of blood 😀
    But you know how I feel about that …………. Don’t you 😈

Jason
    Participant

No, it won’t change if people like you put up with it. Simples !

Piedpiper

I love this site………….brings a wee smile to my face everytime.

liddelljohn
    Participant

So that’s where you gained your experience 😆

touche lostboy love u too mate ……. I tried to teach them a few new tricks for screwing up but they were too arrogant to learn from an expert

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Try a leeeeetle harder then 😀

Jason
    Participant

Sorry, forgot to mention, it was $US850 day for Subeng. How much would you take?????

liddelljohn
    Participant

i bet you dont have to work hard for your $850 , if the ROV is in good order it wont have much to do so you can enjoy the cruise.

Jason
    Participant

i bet you dont have to work hard for your $850 , if the ROV is in good order it wont have much to do so you can enjoy the cruise.

Being away from my own bed earns me $850, Anything you do after that is your own choice. Personally I hate sitting doing nothing, much rather be flying, fixing something or cracking on with a small project. Dont get me wrong, sitting watching the odd movie or catching some UV is fine and dandy but keeping busy passes the trip faster. "ROV in good order" Some people’s perception of good order is different to others….. But we digress. Lets not kid anyone though, pipelay is generally kind work both on techs and the ROV. Remember the next one could be a bitch so make hay and all that!!

liddelljohn
    Participant

true keeping busy does make the trip go quicker ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar