Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Trainee rates in Aberdeen

Trainee rates in Aberdeen

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Trainee rates in Aberdeen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    NewKidOnTheBlock
    Participant

Hi
    My first post but probably not my last.
    Have just decided to move offshore into ROV and in my quest for jobs, have been offered £165 day rate with Subsea 7, Aberdeen, boat based as a trainee.
    Have a friend who was offered £191 with ISS, aberdeen, again as a trainee with. (I wrote a bad CV and they didn’t pick me 😡 )
    I have decided to take another offer, which I’m not prepared to submit just yet.
    Hope this helps fill a gap or 2

Cabledog
    Participant

I take it they are putting you through the rov courses etc.

Well done by the way

Mick
    Participant

Well done new kid,
    I’m very jealous. Got any top tips on how you have landed your good start, the search continues for myself.

sedco
    Participant

Mick

If you are in asia your best bet for a start is Sonsub in Singapore. Call Alister

J Deans
    Participant

Well done new kid,
    I’m very jealous. Got any top tips on how you have landed your good start, the search continues for myself.

Move to the UK. No-one there is going to take on a trainee that lives in Thailand.

TheProphet
    Participant

Dino

He wont move from there he lives there for a reason or two. 😆

NewKidOnTheBlock
    Participant

Thanks to all the well wishers. Getting the jobs wasn’t hard once I got the interview as I have been in the engineering industry for some time. The key to it all seemed to be my CV.
    When I first started looking my CV was too full of useless (in this industry) qualifications and skills. When I sent it out I got no replies (no surprise really, looking back on it).
    Once I modified it, kept it simple and to the point, offers came flying in, and I had 3 contracts to choose from when I gave up looking.
    I start in a week or so, and I’ll take it from there.

See you all out on the water.

Mick
    Participant

My main reason for being in Thailand is cos my missus got posted here with her job, apart from all the saddo old boys with thier 16 year old girlfriends it ain’t a bad place, cheaper than the uk. Tried Alistair in Singapore, strangely he said get in touch if I do course at fort bill, maybe it was to fob me off. I do reckon I would have more chance in the U.k though. Cheers.

Gordon
    Participant

Dont get Jelouse of all de old guys there is plenty pussy 4 all young lad lol 😛

yclef
    Participant

hey guys i just joined in today and am so happy to be a memeber of these elite club,just been employed in Nigeria as a trainee tech, but the rates here are real bullshit for these job.
    its a good and nice job but the pay rate are really crazy out here in Africa. sorry am a Nigerian

Anonymous

hey guys i just joined in today and am so happy to be a memeber of these elite club,just been employed in Nigeria as a trainee tech, but the rates here are real bullshit for these job.
    its a good and nice job but the pay rate are really crazy out here in Africa. sorry am a Nigerian

What you have for me my friend? 🙂 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar