Home Forums General General Board Trencher pilot/techs required

Trencher pilot/techs required

Home Forums General General Board Trencher pilot/techs required

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Seatechs
    Participant

Personnel required for ROV tracked trencher, start around mid to late April through to October, install and trench power cable in UK waters.
    Day rate around £285.
    Send CVs to info@seatechs.com

22/03/07 Rate has now gone up to £320 per day

Murray Blom
    Participant

Up the rate to around 350 door to door and I might think about it…..

TheBaron
    Participant

ROVsuper, I think Seatechs post was actually submitted about 3-4 years ago, but got lost in cyberspace until now. I wonder what they pay nowadays?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Peanuts 😕

Seatechs
    Participant

Unfortunatly, my hands are tied regarding the rates, the client is dictating what we pay, and, as in a lot of other positions in the renewable energy sector, they don’t want to pay oil and gas rates.

Seatechs
    Participant

Up the rate to around 350 door to door and I might think about it…..

As i state below, my hands are tied, the client is didtating the rates, not Seatechs.

TheBaron
    Participant

Hats off to you Seatechs for actually posting your rate at the outset. I personally haven’t played at the cable game since last summer, so I’m not up to date on the new rates. Good luck with your search.

Murray Blom
    Participant

Seatechs, understand you can’t pay more than the client is offering but I think it is up to you to point out to the client that they are living in the past and if they want to get the job done on time and in budget then they are going to need qualified personnel.

All you are going to get for that sort of dosh is the dregs of the dregs who can’t get work because they are so bad that companies will take trainees before them or you are going to have to sweep up some drunks out of an Aberdeenian gutter to fill the bunks

As The Baron says, pay peanuts get monkeys…..

Seatechs
    Participant

As I said, the client is setting the rates, and yes i have told them of the going rates, and now time is running out, they have agreed an increase, the new rate is now £310 per day, door to door, and repeating myself again, this is the renewable sector, where the end client still wants everything for as little as possible.
    I don’t know if this is his fianl offer, but thats where we are at the moment.

Murray Blom
    Participant

Hey Seatechs,

Good on you for tring to make them understand, hope you get a few bites at 310.

I would be interested as it is a new field and I’m very interested in re-newable energy as well, unfortunatly I’m offshore at the moment and will be here for another 60 odd days.

Best of luck

derick
    Participant

So what is the going rate in the cable industry now anyone know ???

cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar