Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion UK AGENCIES AT IT OR NOT!!!

UK AGENCIES AT IT OR NOT!!!

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion UK AGENCIES AT IT OR NOT!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Alan Jones
    Participant

How come the rates for ROV people have now increased in the whole world, except in uk where the market is driven by a couple of well known agencies, who clearly do not work on a 15% basis, but work on a "as much as they can get" basis, and the rates in UK are now the lowest in the world.

Alan

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Simple………. Market is Flooded here in UK ,
    Go Direct.

deepseacon
    Participant

Not always possible to go direct for a few reasons.

If they did like Sonsub for example and had fixed rates for there positions within ROV the agents would not be able to take more% for them selves.

Then also you would not be able to get higher rates when last minute or Peak times.

And Sonsubs rate has not moved for 3 years now. that is Senior Pilot Tech rate. 366.36GBP. 600 USD

Sit Rep
    Participant

And Sonsubs rate has not moved for 3 years now. that is Senior Pilot Tech rate. 366.36GBP. 600 USD

😆

Or AUD1360.00 = USD1441.25 = GBP875.87 depends which Sonsub I guess. 😉

deepseacon
    Participant

Just like the agents masking the rate like now its 403GBP for Sonsub as your 10% is included i dont think so only if its applicable you get your 10% if you work in Norway 10% yes lots of S7000 positions going.

there is a reason why they pay that 10% as well its not a bonus its help to cover taxes while in Norwegian waters.

deepseacon
    Participant

Spoke to soon on this topic had UKPS give me some rates today and compared with what i have earned for the same position with the company before and what another company is offering UKPS is lowest by long way.

subman
    Participant

Have just seen this !

Currently require 4 senior Pilot/Techs for long term contract work. Working in Norwegian water.

Day rate of £403/day 28 day rotations

Please get in touch

Will Blohm
    Spencer Ogden
    33 Charlotte Street
    London
    W1T 1RR

will.blohm@spencer-ogden.com

I wish people would give the full facts as your take home pay is not going to be 403 GBP because your pay local tax so your be lucky to see more like 280 GBP then be told dont worry you get a tax rebait .

Perhaps someone who is working over in Norway can confirm the rates after tax .

Cheers

Subman

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

For base pay, 403 GBP is crap anyway.

subman
    Participant

Yes Scott its a crap rate to start with but not being told your going to pay local tax makes it even worse .

28 Days x GBP 403 = 11.284 GBP

28 Days x GBP 280 = 7840 GBP

But both of us know someone will accept the work !

Cheers

Subman

deepseacon
    Participant

Not many it was for the S7000

subman
    Participant

Oh its a Sonsubs innovator well I wish them the best of luck trying to get a experienced crew for GBP 280 a day !

Cheers

Subman

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Sounds like an effin’ abyss!!!

subman
    Participant

No I had Abyss AS on the phone the other day fishing for rates ,They started to tell me how they were looking for pilots / Tecs .

When I told them what the day rate was they then said " Sorry we dont have any work ! "

This was Abyss As out of kristiansund

Cheers

Subman

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

No I had Abyss AS on the phone the other day fishing for rates ,They started to tell me how they were looking for pilots / Tecs .

When I told them what the day rate was they then said " Sorry we dont have any work ! "

This was Abyss As out of kristiansund

Cheers

Subman

Sorry sub,

That’s abyss with a lower case "a" – as in a very deep crevasse or hole…..

Pete Durant
    Participant

Cut those Aussie rates in half , they pay 50 % tax !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar