Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion UK AGENCIES AT IT OR NOT!!!

UK AGENCIES AT IT OR NOT!!!

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion UK AGENCIES AT IT OR NOT!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

To all,

Please see latest rates here: http://www.rovworld.com/docs/rates.html

Aussies are still making out well even after tax as most will have some very liberal tax write-offs where they will be ending up paying 22 – 28% tax on average. Check it out. The base rate of offshore workers tax is not 50% anymore.

Sit Rep
    Participant

Well said Scot.

The rate is not 50% as you have mentioned. I for one don’t mind paying the tax, at least I can sleep at night!

Having said all that we also get a 9%+(of gross earnings) contribution to a pension fund.

In short, we are the top of the rates at the moment even after tax.

Mr avinalaugh seems slightly confused (see comments about base bay in another topic) without even comprehending the standard 28 day/12hr or 84 hr week.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Sit,

Yep…. avin’ is green one way and I’m green another way…. 8)

Bruce
    Participant

Having browsed the forums for a while I felt like it was to join up so hi everyone.

The main reason for signing up however was this topic as it’s quite a thorn in my side at the moment.

Having worked for a well known Agency for many years (U**S) I was rather annoyed to discover recently how much of a cut they take for themselves.

Despite numerous discussions regarding pay-rates and getting told the client wont pay any more I was angry to have seen clients paperwork while on a particular job that the rate they were paying to them was 28.3% more then I was receiving.

I’m well aware that everyone needs a cut but I feel that’s far too much for a few phone calls IMO

Does anyone know if this is standard practise for all the others or just the agency mentioned?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

dayrate leech,

This has been going on for years…. unabated and uncontrolled – perhaps a body or group could help us…..

deepseacon
    Participant

Had a few strange e-mails regarding low rates with UPKS this year for some work which other agency had as well and they were only interested in my CV if i accepted the low rate i told them what the rate was the e-mails stoped the consultants were only looking for guys which would work for less.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

It’s a busy as a kicked hornets nest at the moment… Soooooo, why not the pay to go along with it??? The Ol’ Chesnut question…. Pick any / all of the usual responses.

K2
    Participant

As always, someone will take the money regardless.

It’s down to an individual to negotiate a rate they think they are worth.

End of.

Stay Safe

Cabledog
    Participant

Ok, just my tuppence worth but,

One thing that gets to me is the "we have this job available, please send cv with your expected rate" IMO, tell us what the rate available is ❗ , if it is fair we send you the cv, if not, we don’t. Granted I have seen a few of the agencies post the rates.
    You will all have noticed that pretty much every job available is being recruited for by pretty much every agency, a few we know, a LOT just seem to have sprung up over the last year or so, most of which have no idea about ROV or offshore in general.

Lots of work around, chose carefully and do your research before accepting terms with a new agent.

Good luck.
    Dog

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

As stated earlier (and known by all) – it’s as busy as a kicked hornets nest…. quote yur dayrate HIGH (applies to most young guys).

Bill Bulloch
    Participant

Its the fact that agencies ask you for your rate. So if you say, 500 and the job is paying 520, they won’t tell you. If its only paying 400 then you just don’t get any further feedback from them. That is until the next time they are looking to fill a position, and the dance recommences.
    Everybody needs to stick to their guns regarding rates. Unfortunately we have a combination of loads of newbies and loads of spend-a-lots who are desperate for the work. Surely a client can see this though in the quality of the personnel and therefore, downtime etc.?
    Its busy out there. Start setting our own rates. Set-up a body to control and speak as one.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Its the fact that agencies ask you for your rate. So if you say, 500 and the job is paying 520, they won’t tell you. If its only paying 400 then you just don’t get any further feedback from them. That is until the next time they are looking to fill a position, and the dance recommences.
    Everybody needs to stick to their guns regarding rates. Unfortunately we have a combination of loads of newbies and loads of spend-a-lots who are desperate for the work. Surely a client can see this though in the quality of the personnel and therefore, downtime etc.?
    Its busy out there. Start setting our own rates. Set-up a body to control and speak as one.

Pretty much spot on Rovdo. Ya’ cuts yur own deals fellas. As far as a body… I hear it’s still in motion albeit slow (red tape).

want to work with ROV outside my country I have 3 years experience of 22 years

James McLauchlan
    Participant

want to work with ROV outside my country I have 3 years experience of 22 years

Start a new topic then. Your request has nothing to do with the topic under discussion.

ROV_HAND
    Participant

I have big headaches from UK Agencies also !!
    Post Agency Compaints Here: http://rovworkers.blog.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar