Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Urgent Wanted Experienced Work Class Supervisor Angola !

Urgent Wanted Experienced Work Class Supervisor Angola !

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Urgent Wanted Experienced Work Class Supervisor Angola !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    subman
    Participant

Hi guys have rates dropped that much as rates for West Africa have all ways been high around £575 + due to the poor working conditions down there and dont forget the malerone tablets to take 48 hours prior to entering the country and have a Yellow fever jab all this and the day rate is a Silly £468 per day for a Supervisor .

No wonder they cant find people all this I might add is on offer from Reef SubSea in Aberdeen .

You can earn more working in Europe and Tablets to take and no need for the yellow fever jab or am I missing some thing ?

So I wish them the best of luck with there £468 Per Day

Subman

Northseahero
    Participant

The agencies are getting paid a lot more than they are letting on.

ROV Supervisors in Asia are on US$950 – US$1200 a day.

Why would anybody in their right mind want to work in a shit hole like Africa!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

It’s the agencies wanting to get in on the action and desperate trainees trying to recoup the money they spent on "ROV Courses" 🙄

Roy Simson
    Participant

Yes its very clear from looking at what work is available that Rov rates have not moved in years if any thing its gone down .

But to offer £468 for a Experienced Supervisor is just mad ! and its in West Africa with all the shit conditions to put up with I have no idea were they get this amount from , But in the end will a experienced perry man accept this job for the rate on offer !

I think the hard core work class guys will just turn over and go back to sleep until the rate goes up its very simple as all the old hands on this site will tell you " Pay the going rate " or " Pay Pea Nuts + get Monkeys "

Cheers

Raptor

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Yes its very clear from looking at what work is available that Rov rates have not moved in years if any thing its gone down .

Of course… Divers (working in the same industry as ROV) rates haven’t gone gone though have they? In fact they have gone up! I wonder why that is then? Ho Hum

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

£468 per day for a supv, that’s a bit rich considering REEF are paying their own dayraters upwards of £600 per day, but I have also heard £800 PD mentioned.

I was always under the impression going agency meant your dayrate was higher than the permanent crewmembers due to the uncertainty of employment and additional expenses such as survival / medicals PPE etc.

Oh well what do I know!!

Geezajob 😮

T-Boy
    Participant

I was always under the impression going agency meant your dayrate was higher than the permanent crewmembers due to the uncertainty of employment and additional expenses such as survival / medicals PPE etc.

True HMB,
    It used to be…in the days when 2 or 3 agencies were around…however there is such a shower of new kids on the block (So called ‘experienced’ agencies) all trying to get between the worker and the client that the competition is at an all time high.

The rates are very favourable for ROV staff and have been for years. They have NOT gone down, but steadily increased.

It doesn’t take a mastermind to work out that:
    There has been NO REAL reduction in the going rates.
    This is FABRICATED by the agencies, to keep the market (YOU) believing that these are the ‘going’ rates.

The only ‘slump’ is in what the contractor is willing to accept, the agencies of course, will take as much as they can from YOUR pay, that’s the name of the game.

Remember ROV agencies come next to Used car salesmen and ROV Ops managers in the dictionary You just gotta love ’em 😉

For anyone who thinks that these rates are anywhere near the "going rate", then it’s time to burn your OGUK and do a reality check

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar