Home Forums General General Board Videos of animal-ROV encounters

Videos of animal-ROV encounters

Home Forums General General Board Videos of animal-ROV encounters

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Timafo
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m a Journalist from Germany working on a documentary about the deep sea. I’m searching for copies of film material about encounters of ROVs with animals like the sperm whale encounter. There are hell of a lot of movies in Youtube but nobody seems to know who made them or who has the tapes as I need good quality for TV? Could someone help me?
    Kind regards, Tim

ionicwings
    Participant

I’ve seen a video of otters and seals curious about the ROV underwater when I was in FW. Not sure but you can try to contact them for some info. Ive also seen the whale video, though I am not sure who made it. Try to contact Paul Bury at The Underwater Centre, maybe he can help.

elad1986
    Participant

Youtube is the way to go…
    just search: rov

Viel Gluk
    – Elad

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

See here for videos: Ron’s ROV Links
    You’ll find here ROV, AUV, offshore, etc. videos from YouTube, MetaCafe, MySpace TV and more.

Timafo
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for the answers, no problem to find loads of videos at YouTube or somewhere else, the problem is to find the owners of the rights and the originals, as I can’t use the low quality internet videos for a TV documentation!
    Greetings Tim

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

You can try to contact the posters of the videos, maybe they can help you.

I know that some videos are made by using Oceaneering ROVs, so you could sent them a mail.

Also have a look at the SERPENT Project website. Maybe this can help you also.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Most videos are just made by guys out on the ROV and given to their mates, copied, posted on YouTube and do the rounds.

How you would prove ownership (AND find original copies) I have no idea, it would be quite difficult.

We’ve all done short clips and gathered stuff over the years.

Timafo
    Participant

Hi rayshields, thats why I post here, because I hope that some of you answer and say yes I’ve got that "dancing sperm whale" I can send you a copy…
    Regards, Tim

Ray Shields
    Participant

Hi rayshields, thats why I post here, because I hope that some of you answer and say yes I’ve got that "dancing sperm whale" I can send you a copy…
    Regards, Tim

But then who owns the copyright? As we are employees of ROV companies using their equipment- does it belong to us or them? Or the oil company that is hiring the ROV Company? 😀

Timafo
    Participant

The rights owner is the company you are working for, as I am the rights owner, when a camera man is making pictures for me. He has some rights on his own but it depends on the contract he has. When he has sold only the "ins", the pictures that are used for a film, than he has the rights for the rest of the material, when the contract doesn’t say something different. So you would have to ask the CEO of the company or the press people (normaly most companies are fine, when they are mentioned in the credits).
    Regards, Tim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar