Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates When will SubSea 7 learn pay peanuts you get monkeys !

When will SubSea 7 learn pay peanuts you get monkeys !

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates When will SubSea 7 learn pay peanuts you get monkeys !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    subman
    Participant

I woke up this morning to find in my mail box 4 ads all from SubSea 7 asking for the same thing . They had had the same Ad for the passed 3 months and wonder why they cant find any one .

Norway – Immediate start opportunities for experienced Seaeye ROV Supervisor – Ad Hoc assignments

The max there paying is £380 before Tax after Tax your going to be looking at less than £300 but there not the only company or agency trying it on .

You dont have to look very far to see what I mean . There is at the moment well over 280 agencys world wide all chasing the same work and the only thing they can play with is rates and so its going lower and lower.

Cheers

Subman

James McLauchlan
    Participant

My guess is that they are playing a waiting game by way of hoping that there will be a steady, albeit slow, trickle of takers.

Even if SS7 saw the light, and brought rates on offer back up, I would avoid them anyway based on this attitude to pay. Why work for a company that you know will try and pay as little as they can get away with, even if it means at the expense of pushing experienced people to the sidelines in favour of inexperienced PT’s?

Paulo Lee
    Participant

Seems SS7 priorities have shifted, but so have mine as a result.

In the better older days I did not mind doing a few hours into the other shift, if the Sub was on downtime. These days are well and truly gone.

Nowadays I don,t put in any extra effort on that kind of situation. First things first. Did we do our daily Stop/Start Cards, let,s proceed with TRAs, tool box talks, the work permits all in order?

Does not mean we did not do the job unsafe in the earlier days.

Then I read: :Subsea 7 second quarter earnings for 2009 outperformed even the most optimistic projections.

Makes me think: They did not want to share that with me. Just took away my 15 Pounds West Africa Bonus, because the conditions have improved.

Yes, I can see that. Most of these rigs would not be allowed to work anywhere else. Not really worth going out here any longer and damaging my body with the malerone.

Have to go. The Sub is down again……………………… rather have a tea first, a chat with the camp boss and try to call my wife. Then I want to find out whether I am in Norway or in the Congo. So hard to distinguish with these improved conditions.

Time for me to retire.

subman
    Participant

Yes I know the feeling ! I also did not mind doing a few hours extra at the end of my shift but due to the state of the crews being made of of 80 % trainees when the vehicle goes tits up your up for days with very little sleep .

Because if you go to bed all work stops on the vehicle then on top of all that the office whats all the DPRS and all the other paper work then after all that they pay you crap and wonder why there having problems finding people .

Someone some where is making a load of money out of us but the rates on off at the moment are getting very silly .

Cheers

Subman

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar