Home Forums General General Board Who is the Biggest and the greatest ROV company out there.

Who is the Biggest and the greatest ROV company out there.

Home Forums General General Board Who is the Biggest and the greatest ROV company out there.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    liddelljohn
    Participant

SS7 = subhuman heaven
    FUGRO = Fuc* knows
    OCEANEERING =ocean arsoles
    CTC = clots that cant
    CANYON= a deep hole
    SONSUB = son of a bitch

ETC …they are all wonderful super companies if you are senior mangement , for the rest of us they SUCK.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Which one of the ROV companies do you think is the biggest and the best to work for.

I will say it is Subsea 7.

They do pay bad but they are great to work for.

Cheers

👿 Slayered 😈

A great thread topic but…..

Oh dear?? 🙁

Robert Black
    Participant

I heard there is a new company call Kreuz Subsea with great working conditions, nice people in the office, good pay rates. oh, and the operations manager is saint amongst men….

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I heard there is a new company call Kreuz Subsea with great working conditions, nice people in the office, good pay rates. oh, and the operations manager is saint amongst men….

8) 8) 😉 8) 8)

tobs
    Participant

18 replys and only one suggestion to the topic other than the first post. Why is that? Are you guys only interested in flaming people who actually dares to have an opinion?

Here’s another suggestion to the topic: Oceaneering

I know, the majority of you are shocked and the rest is lying on the floor laughing 😉 No, seriously. I mean it!

To be honest, Oceaneering is the only rov company I have ever worked in, and probably ever will. Why, you say? I say, why not?

I am happy with the pay, aprox £55.000 a year as a PT doing 132 days offshore. More than that is overtime, wich means about £500 a day. Nigthshift gives another £5 an hour.

I work 2 weeks and have 4 weeks off. I even get paid the month I’m at home.

New equipment, powerfull wrov equipped with Schilling manips.

The sups aren’t a bunch of dicks and the management are actually nice. We don’t get fucked in any way, and onshore support is very good.

We have longlasting contracts wich means we have alot of work for many years ahead. In other words, no reason to fear that the job is gone tomorrow.

Obviously I work in Norway.

The question is: What company are significantly better than this? If there is only a small difference I dont see the point of changing.

It’s been said tha bad pay and good company shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentece. I disagree, cuz there are other things that are as important as the paycheck. For example the security of knowing that you have a job to go to in the morning.

Just my 2 cents 😉

luckyjim37
    Participant

P&O Maritime services Ireland is by far the best ROV company in the world. One Sub companies rock.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

I think it’s time I contributed my 5c worth…

The only company I have worked for is Oceaneering (agencies otherwise); it is in our nature to often generalise wildly; so one can’t just print/rant/say, that the entire company is ‘useless’ : let’s use a stereo-type and say, that there’s always a mix of good and bad apples within a corp.
    So I agree with ‘tobs’ that their WROVs all come with Schilling arms : nice (the Milleniums are also quite decent).
    Oceaneering is so big that they can afford to generally have their workshops / stores to be rather well kitted out : often the state of these spaces is a reflection upon the supv/supt and not only management. During 3 and a half years with them, I had the honour and curse of having been mentored by some truly skilled and civilsed co-workers (and that’s from trainee to supt) : and on the other side of the scale there were the total pri**s and a**holes (like everywhere else of course) in high positions : G*d only knows how they got there…
    👿

The impression I always had with OI is that they have the most contracts.

liddelljohn
    Participant

Tobs …I am glad u are happy at Oceaneering in Norway …but I reckon that OC Norway is a different beast from say OC Singapore where crap machines, no spares available and poor pay is the norm .

its not only OC ….other companies run Rolls Royce operations in Norway but go to their operations in asia or africa or middle east and you may be shocked.

tobs
    Participant

If thats the case I’m not leaving the cold North Sea, that’s for sure 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar