Home Forums General General Board WorkOcean

WorkOcean

Home Forums General General Board WorkOcean

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Oh Come on, Leeyn, registered the day to reply to this, and then talking rubbish on other posts to push this post off the list, do you think we were all born the day you registered, shall i make up 10 phoney log ins and make lots of comments, no that is pathetic.

Posting in this thread wouldn’t help push it off the list would it?

As with all spam accounts the posts and account have been deleted. This is standard practice.
    Threads have been restored to their previous state by way of positioning.
    Their is no mileage in thinking a spam account will disrupt the forum for too long.

Hilbert i Grogv
    Participant

No worries pizzadude, I think a lot of people have got the point here and know what one can expect when working for these guys. I personally would not do it without money upfront.

pizzadude
    Participant

In the post above ‘pizzadude’ was referring to a post that was deleted by admin.

Content removed by admin

The above account ‘leeyn’ was deleted due to spam.

I assume this spam was spotted via the ip address. will there be any action taken against the member who instigated the attempt to corrupt the system with fake id?

Robert Black
    Participant

Don’t think you are quite getting it mate. The spam was the link at the bottom of each message which was selling ‘gold’ for online role playing games. The poster could not care less about your ‘investigation’.

saphire7
    Participant

Thanks Pizzadude, i for one wouldn’t go near Workocean with a bargepole and i’m sure most reading the reply from the owner 13 days ago says it all really.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

In the post above ‘pizzadude’ was referring to a post that was deleted by admin.

Content removed by admin

The above account ‘leeyn’ was deleted due to spam.

I assume this spam was spotted via the ip address. will there be any action taken against the member who instigated the attempt to corrupt the system with fake id?

No! The spam was spotted with my eyes looking at posts with links to other websites (gold/gaming etc.) in each and every post, all posted within a few minutes of each other. It was blatant spam. Yes, there was an IP address associated with the posts, as there is with every post, but in many cases spam accounts use false IP addresses.

The account was clearly (to some people, but apparently not all) created to spam the forum, as KreuzOps quite rightly says above. I deleted the account and all the associated posts and again, clearly stated why I did that.

Now what would have me do? Take legal action against a forum spammer? Pay a home visit?

Regarding this thread.
    No fresh content has been added by others of late and the thread was naturally fizzling out, yet Pizzadude has resurrected it by some using inane comment about IP addresses and further action against a spammer!
    I’m starting to see this as nothing other than Pizzadudes private wind up thread and his mission it keep it at the top of the pile.

For that reason this thread will be locked.

Now don’t jump all over me for locking the thread. It’s hardly as if it’s not been allowed to run, but now has degenerated into a spammer discussion. It’s not being deleted and the information will remain live for all to read, so nothing is being hidden from view, or covered up.

Should any site members wish to start a new WorkOcean thread with fresh relevant information feel free to do so.

If anyone doesn’t like the way this has been handled or for the way the forum is run and want to have a bash at the admins, have a go at that too.

Thread Locked

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘WorkOcean’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar