Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates 50% travel days real or B/S shine some light here guys ,

50% travel days real or B/S shine some light here guys ,

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates 50% travel days real or B/S shine some light here guys ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    liddelljohn
    Participant

Ok this thread is an adjunt to the name and shame thread for agencies and poor rates

some companies like Saipem have a 66% travel day rate for instance that is COMPANY policy ,,,, others have a 100% door to door rate ,, but agencies have sometimes tried it on with 50% travel days so lets put it up on here what the company policy is then the agencies will not be able to get away with some extra cash out of our pockets ,,,

as far as I know from past experience ,,,,,please comment

N Seas ,, 100% door to door
    NPCC 100% door to door
    DOF 100% door to door
    ISS/ harkand 100 door to door
    REEF 100% door to door
    See horse vietnam 100% door to door
    Boskalis 100%
    Canyon Singapore 100% door to door
    Subsea 7 100% door to door
    Hallin 100% door to door
    Modus 100% door to door
    Fugro 100% door to door

and those that dont ????!!!!!

Oceannering 66% travel days
    Deep ocean 50 % travel days
    Saipem 66% travel days

please add to these companies and update as they may change policy and also name agencies that are taking the piss ,,,,,

Roy Simson
    Participant

Add one more Subtech Qatar only pay 50 % travel but the day is is better than many others in the middle east so its swings and roundabouts .

Raptor

K2
    Participant

Worked for Saipem and DO (Noway) in last year via agency. Agency mentioned travel rates, I declined job. Agency came back with full rate.

I queried travel rates with senior Saipem staff onboard and was told Saipem pay agencies full rate and what the agencies do is up to them.

At the end of the day when you step out of your home, your life is no longer yours as you are on company business. For this reason alone I never accept travel rates.

Like your day rate, it is up to the individual as to what they accept. Sadly, like low rates, someone will always take travel rates too. As long as this happens then agencies and some companies will always exploit the worker.

πŸ˜‰

Perry Moore
    Participant

Oceaneering – 50% of day rate

James McLauchlan
    Participant

When you leave home your time is no longer yours, you are away from home for reasons of work. IMHO travel is part and parcel of that work. The argument that you are travelling and not working is about as logical as being on weather downtime and therefore on WOW rate. It doesn’t happen! Therefore, you should be on full rate door to door weather you are travelling or working.

liddelljohn
    Participant

So Maris, are telling porkies about Saipem and Select are telling porkies about Deepocean,

oceaneering even less than 66% I got lastime….. hmm….. very pennypinching ,

seems this thread is bearing fruit already ,,

keep them coming chaps

T-Boy
    Participant

…and Subservepro only pay 50% for Deeptech travel

Subhuman
    Participant

Deeptech pay door to door if you are direct to them. They also pay with in a few days of invoice.

K2
    Participant

You are being ripped off by Subserv then T-Boy!

πŸ˜‰

openside
    Participant

Liddlejohn, Deepocean Uk and Norway both pay door too door . Selectoilandgas seem at it. An email going round offering $800 a day on a job other agencies pay $950, another agency it seems hoping to get rich off the back of ROV guys. 😈

liddelljohn
    Participant

I got the $950 rate no problem last 2 trips and now they are going to pay me the full travel days for next rotation in August and also the difference on the last 2 as well ,, so this thread has helped me get money back …..result !!!!

Sit Rep
    Participant

Have only ever had 100% door to door with Saipem/Sonsub.

Day rate casual.

They do occasionally attempt to try it on though! πŸ˜‰

liddelljohn
    Participant

Have only ever had 100% door to door with Saipem/Sonsub.

Day rate casual.

They do occasionally attempt to try it on though! πŸ˜‰

I hope MARIS are watching this thread….

Dean Humphrey
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that previous statements made by members of the forum are factually incorrect. The following has been received from Deeptech today (Tuesday 8th July) and we have been given full permission to post:

"in the past from 2009 till 2013 our projects was based on month or two maximum and we paid full rate for the travel rate and that was agreed with all the agencies including Subserv but since 2014 we have two long contract and our agreement with the clients based on nonprofit for the mobilization of the guys ; that’s why we are dealing now with all the agencies including your agency as well the direct contractor with 50% of the travel rate and sometimes even 0% for the travel rate this’s how DeepTech deal on all their projects at this time being."

I hope this serves to clarify the situation.

K2
    Participant

Eh? Posters statements are not all factually incorrect? I have worked for Deeptech through various agencies and direct, their rates were good and I never had travel rates.

However, as per my comment on another Deeptech thread, they have bid so low on recent projects that their rates have dropped dramatically. So, introduction of travel rates comes as no surprise.

I enjoyed working for them in the past so it disappoints me to turn down work with them. I hear they aren’t very happy with a few recent agency guys but low rates repel experience and attract dross.

Hope things pick up for Deeptech and they can secure projects without having to bid ridiculously low for them.

Stay safe

πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar