Home Forums INSPECTION (CSWIP etc.) Inspection (Subsea) Technical Discussions Camera and BlueView Systems on ROVs

Camera and BlueView Systems on ROVs

Home Forums INSPECTION (CSWIP etc.) Inspection (Subsea) Technical Discussions Camera and BlueView Systems on ROVs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthias Gruen
    Participant

Hi I`m new here and I hope someone could help me with a question.
    I am looking for the amount of data that you have to expect from camera systems during a inspection ROV survey.
    I mean what is the data range for video data? (is it in the range of kb or mb per second).

I don’t find information about the camera systems on inspection ROVs and the few I found don’t tell about how much data is produced.
    I mainly look for the Predator ROV and Eca H-300. But I would guess there are not that big differences in the camera systems, are there?

And maybe some of you already worked with BlueView imaging sonar. Do you have experience about the amount of data you usually get?

I appreciate any kind of reply,
    Thanks a lot,
    wilson

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

Wilson,

As for the BlueView sonar, it is going to depend on which model you are using (45, 90 or 130 degree field of view). I’m not 100% sure if the frequency will also effect it or not, but I just checked one of my files and using a 900khz sonar, 45 seconds was 8MB’s.

Hope this helps.

Chief

Matthias Gruen
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your prompt response Chief,
    yes indeed it helps me a lot!
    Which model do you use? The 130° model would give the largest files I assume?

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

Wilson,

Sorry, I should have told you that it was a 45 degree unit. I just checked a 900-130 degree sonar set that was the same length (45 seconds) and the file size was 20.3 MB.

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Chief

Pierre
    Participant

Hi Wilson,

I use a H300 ROV and I am very happy of this investment !
    Not really expensive, the main advantages who push me on this investment rather than Predator or other trademarks were the following :
    – quick local service (OK I’m French and ECA too :P) but they confirmed me the same service made by their rep. around the world and even offshore
    – two TV cameras in standard configuration (I really ned a genuine P&T unit to get real viewing also on port and starboard side and no one except them offered it in standard)
    – last strong point according to me : they manufacture the TV cameras, quality is very good but above all that could be helpful to talk directly to the creator of the units in case of troubles !!

Then for the rest, all ROVs have same strong features like open frame structure for ease of maintenance, payload for additional equipments to integrate in the future (budgets are always too small 😥 ), and power thrust.

I have one Tritech sonar fitted on my ROV but I plan to add a real imaging sonar (P900-90 I think) in the future.

Hope this helps you too.

Pierre

Mohamed-ROV
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

I am looking for H300 owner/operator to ask as for the reliabilty and performance of this ROV in offshore !!
    (regarding the Seaeye Falcon if possible )

thanks in advance

Hi Wilson,

I use a H300 ROV and I am very happy of this investment !
    Not really expensive, the main advantages who push me on this investment rather than Predator or other trademarks were the following :
    – quick local service (OK I’m French and ECA too :P) but they confirmed me the same service made by their rep. around the world and even offshore
    – two TV cameras in standard configuration (I really ned a genuine P&T unit to get real viewing also on port and starboard side and no one except them offered it in standard)
    – last strong point according to me : they manufacture the TV cameras, quality is very good but above all that could be helpful to talk directly to the creator of the units in case of troubles !!

Then for the rest, all ROVs have same strong features like open frame structure for ease of maintenance, payload for additional equipments to integrate in the future (budgets are always too small 😥 ), and power thrust.

I have one Tritech sonar fitted on my ROV but I plan to add a real imaging sonar (P900-90 I think) in the future.

Hope this helps you too.

Pierre

😉 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar