Home Forums General We’re alongside… So where do I go? A stagger round Bergen

A stagger round Bergen

Home Forums General We’re alongside… So where do I go? A stagger round Bergen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

This is one carried over from the old forum

First off the average price for a half liter is 50 to 60kr. I usually concentrate on the pubs selling Guiness or Kilkenny otherwise I can’t cope with the hangover. Most of the pubs are down by the harbour. Starting near the castle there’s Madam Felles, sometimes with live music (jazz). Down towards the town is Sjøboden, very good and not too dear, can’t remember if they have British beer or not, live music at weekends when its usually mobbed. Next is the Irsk bar then round the corner is Scruffie Murphys and the rest of them ,TMP, Harbour cafe etc. as long as you don’t go into Zaccharius Bryggen the prices aren’t too high. Scruffs has live music most weekends and is my favourite, also footie on the big screen upstairs. Cheapest beer is in the Football pub, down near the blue stone and past several other pubs on the way.

Nightclubs, best for the senior type chappie is either Engelens near Madam Felles or Banco Rotto, send the kids to Ricks or the Roof Garden. Check your change in these two last ones the barstaff sometimes get confused with 200 and 500 notes, not in your favour I might add.

If you come in to CCB then the Beer and Diesel at the top of the hill has improved a lot over the past few years. Taxi from CCB to Bergen centre is expensive and not worth it unless its the weekend. 07000 gets you a taxi, just wait for the answer then press 9 for the English speaker.

Have fun 😯

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

This is one carried over from the old forum

Hello Baldrik,

See you’ve found most pubs in Bergen.
    Another great place is Maxim’s. This has a disco, irish pub with live music and a smaller disco/bar inside. Maxim’s is in the center, close to McDonalds.
    You’ll find the cheapest beer probably in the Football Pub.
    TMP is a boring pub since they changed it in a artie-fartie pub.

Ronald

Note: May 17 is a national holiday in Norway and a very very very good day to get pissed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar