Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Advice

Advice

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Advice

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Nice to see some sensible dialogue creeping back into the Forum.

I’m pleased that the course seems to do what it should in a some respects.

Be aware that no matter what you are told about your abilities during the course you need to head offshore with a ‘I know not to much about anything approach’. Nobody comes off a course as a ‘Pilot Tech’.

The best you can view it as is an insight into ROV’s but if it gets you a job then it was worth it I guess.

Good luck anyway.

Mr-K
    Participant

Centurion, I did the ROV pilot tech course ,, Why did you ask?

centurion
    Participant

Mr K, there has been posters talking about a 3 in 1 course in the Philippines and the way I read your post it sounded like some sort of a hybrid diving/ROV course. My bad.

Mr-K
    Participant

Hi Mick

just to let you know, i got a start with oceaneering 2 months after finishing my course and i,m enjoying it so far. My advise to any 1 thinking about doing the ROV course at the underwater centre is to go for it, i had no offshore experience or a relavent background and here i am working after only 1 year of deciding to do the course. 😀

Dont listen to all the guys on here who put negative posts on, they are full of Shit.

Laters

Mr-K

DANFROV
    Keymaster

February is traditionally the time of year all the major ROV companies start hiring trainee ROV people.

Dan

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Mr K , Er no , you are wrong 😀
    Shit you not 😯
    Right place , Right time .
    If you have the money to burn , Go right ahead 😀
    But after an interview with you , It’s you , Temperment and character will decide whether I employ you , 1 Month trial basis.
    I could not give Two monkies , if you had done the course or not .
    Happy hunting 😀

luckyjim37
    Participant

Mick do you hold a current STCW 95 certificate. If so try looking a companies who have a lot of vessel work in India. This is a requirement for working there and might make you more employable.

Mick
    Participant

I don’t have any offshore certs. The brief experience I have had working on Tugs and barges, was with a cowboy company were I didn’t need any. Thanks for that Luckyjim I will look into it.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar