Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion am i qualified enough??trainee??

am i qualified enough??trainee??

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion am i qualified enough??trainee??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chrisb85
    Participant

seeking some advice here,
    Ive previously posted my details on rookie corner!

Ive got an HND electronics,full offshore survival and med,currently working in an electrical technical environment!

Ive emailed an updated c.v to companies based in aberdeen recently to have a few unsuccessful emails returned without chance of interviewing

My c.v is well written by my opinion,the only question is:-
    Do I have enough to compete with the other future candidates or is there anything else I can do to make myself more noticed eg,courses etc??

any advice greatly appreciated!! 😉

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Hi chrisb85,

My advice is keep sending in your CV, it sounds like you’ve got reasonable grounding for an ROV trainee. Most of the time when companies are looking to take on trainees it’s the CV’s closest to the top of the pile that get the call…the trick is to keep your CV close to the top of the pile.

Plus, it’s looking like this year could be another busy year with companies taking on new systems and new vessels.

All the best
    Gina

chrisb85
    Participant

Thanks very much ginamc,seems to be a hard game to get into!

will keep at it and hope for the best
    🙂 🙂

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

Having had to work with (suffer) the USA trainees, subengs and so called supervisors in the GOM and Africa over the last year or so I’d say if anything you’re overqualified. Don’t give up, ffs I’d give my eye teeth for a trainee with that kind of tech background instead of the the ex US forces marines etc I currently have to deal with and try to train . If I can give any advice or answer any queries PM me.

I’m getting too old for this guff

Monkey 🙄

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar