Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner another wanabe question

another wanabe question

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner another wanabe question

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    john haslam
    Participant

Hello guys,

I am presently working in the construction industry as a project manager I am keen to change as i am getting no satisfaction in what i do and whant something more hands on again. I spent my youth working on a farm operating and fixing machinery & having a father who was an aircraft engineer i am able to wield a spanner (and know what to do with it) i am also knowlegeable in basic electronics and good with computers ie i can network a printer/camera etc all this is not certifiable ie just learnt as i go, i have a lot of experiance in H&S planning, MS&RA, i am a crane appointed person etc, i have suitable personnel triats (that i am sure others will have also) .

I am contemplating enrolling on a HNC electronic engineering course, before doing a 3/2 week course at an establishment, this will take me approximatley 12 to 18 months to complete.

I have two main concearns before i choose to change and was looking for some advice & peoples thoughts,

1. with the latest cutback in the mod will this flood the market (if not already ) with potential highly qualified experienced people applying for trainee P/T roles

2. I am slighty colour bind and wonder how this will affect my career prospects, i have never had an issue with my color blindness but i know it will be picked up on in a medical

I dont want to spend 12/18 months of time and money and find out it aint going to happen.

any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated

cheers
    Jonny

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar