Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Any chance for me as a trainee?

Any chance for me as a trainee?

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Any chance for me as a trainee?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    4nailuse
    Participant

ROVRatt

As I said before I’ve got 160 hours with ROV in the water (so it’s not flying hours 🙁

Then, to be honest, it’s not worth mentioning those hours at all. They mean little to anyone and are certainly not worth putting on a CV.

If you are getting work with a company stick to them like glue. Without any technical background/experience you will most likely fall flat on your face if you jump ship.

As a side note.
    What amazes me is that people are getting work offshore as in this case as a Junior ROV Pilot/Tech (whatever that is exactly) without any technical experience or prior training. I’ll bet they are being charged out to the client at P/Tech rate as well!

Then we with technical background really have a chance to get in since those have none are lucky enough to get a job in ROV world, perhaps they knew some one on the higher position that’s why they got the job.

Crome
    Participant

Geeezzz… this is unbelievable!

Just can’t understand how companies are hiring technicians without technical experience or knowledge… it’s like hiring a Chef to work in a restaurant and the "Chef" all is life worked in a office filling invoices…

Are these guys allowed to even touch expensive hi-tech on industrial environment?

Just can’t understand that!

And how come there are no accidents or severe damage to the machines?

Thank God I found this forum, with my technical service and maintenance experience if I don’t get a chance after sending CV’s to the companies listed on Ron’s ROV links…

I must have been a nasty genocidal dictator on my other live!
    Only bad karma can explain this!

LOL

4nailuse
    Participant

Geeezzz… this is unbelievable!

Just can’t understand how companies are hiring technicians without technical experience or knowledge… it’s like hiring a Chef to work in a restaurant and the "Chef" all is life worked in a office filling invoices…

Are these guys allowed to even touch expensive hi-tech on industrial environment?

Just can’t understand that!

And how come there are no accidents or severe damage to the machines?

Thank God I found this forum, with my technical service and maintenance experience if I don’t get a chance after sending CV’s to the companies listed on Ron’s ROV links…

I must have been a nasty genocidal dictator on my other live!
    Only bad karma can explain this!

LOL

Hi Chrome.
    Perhaps those guys just got lucky and ours is yet to come… hehehehe.
    Thanks to James and Gina Mclauchlan for creating and sharing this site. We could learn lots of stuff with regards to ROV plus the friends that we could have while exchanging point of views.

ROVRatt
    Participant

A junior pilot/tech is a TRAINEE.

They have been through the company training course which gives them the do’s and don’ts and what is expected of them as well as their boundaries of behaviour and technical expertise. They will most likely be tradesmen as well. They will also have probably spent time flying a simulator and time in a workshop.

So they are not raw guys on an offshore platform about to kill themselves and their colleagues, although they have a lot to learn.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar