Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work any help to some one starting out

any help to some one starting out

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work any help to some one starting out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    papa
    Participant

hi all,

just entering the world of rov’s, any pointers for finding my first job? i hope to work freelance but have got mixed reviwes about this, any hints

thanks

Ray Shields
    Participant

If you are only just entering the world of ROVs, I do not understand how you can go Freelance. No-one hires Agency Trainees.

Or have I mis-understood your experience?

ROV_HAND
    Participant

Yes, if you are new to the Industry ,you will have to gain experience working for a regular company e.i. Subsea7, Acergy… depending what country you are in !

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

As the above 2 posts state, do a minimum of one year with a company and work your cajones off…

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

ONE YEAR!!!!???

WTF!!!

By all means do a year and then go freelance, I have a little room in my rubbish bin at the moment, more than enough space for your CV to fit into, because that is exactly where it will go, after being passed to the boys for a laugh.

I will not have any freelance guys without at least 5 years experience, full stop, end of story.

That is just the basic requirement, before I even look at your "qualifications"…

Monkey

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I did say "one year minimum…. and yes better to have newbies work for 3 years. Five?? I doubt you’ll get them too often… The industry is as such where it dictates something a bit different.

Mag50
    Participant

Papa,

I posted an ad that I found, it was a company looking for trainee’s.
    Check out my post it labeled " Trainee’s check this out" or something like that. You better hurry, because I posted it several days ago and im sure other trainee’s or jumping on it.
    Im not a agency or rep, im a ROV Personnel looking out for my ROV comrades. Make sure you get advice about what pay rate you should try for because we don’t want to support companies that want to low ball us.

Good Luck and may the Force be with you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar