Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Attention Trainees or Budding Pilots

Attention Trainees or Budding Pilots

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Attention Trainees or Budding Pilots

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chubbyboy
    Participant

Hi friends ,

Newcomers please find proper info before taking a big leap into this industry.

Just wanted to make a statement here addressing to all the new entrants or trainees to first be aware of the truth that most training institutes dont necessarily talk about.

If you guys are inspiring to be pilot techs make sure to take a feedback first on all the real happennings that a new entrant or a trainee has to go through. Normally all the cos. will send a reply back saying that at present there is not any requirement and will get back if anything comes up.

This all contradicts the regular chat about the demand/supply ratio that is projected normally by the training institutes. It is wrong to advertise that the industry is blooming and the requirement is like mind-boggling.

Hey, one does understand that ,but is it not true that it is always difficult to get into the first job even given the experience one has.

To sum it all up , I would just like to get an opinion on this very important topic that the industry needs to look into if we need to get in fresh talent in the industry.

Correct me, if may be wrong,but perhaps this is the only industry where newcomers are not welcomed .

elad1986
    Participant

Well buddy,
    1 – Persistence is the key for budding ROV ppls.
    2 – It’s not what you know, it’s who you know and ofcourse:
    3 – It’s easier to get your first hitch, than it is to get your next.

These are the wise words I heard when I was a trainee and should be taken onboard to all those newcomers.
    The industry is booming and ofcourse the supply/demand is incredible atm, but ppl with less than 2-3 yrs experience (offshore/in ROVs) can expect very few trips offshore mainly because
    companies are getting blowins and recycling guys all the time. If you get lucky (and the brown nose the crap out of a particular company), then work will stick. Australia is full, S.E Asia requires less expats because more of the locals are being trained up. The US is heading that way too.
    So if you do get your first big break, use it wisely.

The oil and gas industry proudly wears its reputation on its chest. Thus if you have a bad reputation, you get very little work.

ionicwings
    Participant

tide must be changing for newcomers.. since my classmate in our ROV class already has a job…. less than 2 weeks to completion of the course 😯

SteadyEddie
    Participant

Looks like he didn’t need the course then……all those £k’s

ionicwings
    Participant

Looks like he didn’t need the course then……all those £k’s

the course im talking about is the Electronics side. We finished the ROV Pilot Course already 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar