Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Baggage Allowances

Baggage Allowances

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Baggage Allowances

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Andy Shiers
    Participant

Sucks

daniboy1_2_3
    Participant

I`m due to go offshore early this week, it will be my first trip offshore, out into the north sea of all places so should be a good test for my sea legs. I`m joining the Edda Fjord (any info on the ship welcome) but havent had confirmation of where i`ll be joining it yet.
    Is it a 10kg luggage limit on the choppers? Are there any things people would/wouldent recommend taking? The trip is for four weeks, any advice appreciated.

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Edda Fjord – General description: http://www.ostensjo.no/ostensjo/web.nsf/pages/EddaFjord

NewKidOnTheBlock
    Participant

Baggage allowance is only worthwhile if your baggage turns up 🙁
    I’ve flown with BA 3 times in the last 15 months, and they have lost my baggage twice. Luckily I got it back last time, but I’m still waiting this time.

Maybe we should have a poll. See which airline loses your baggage the most. I bet BA win hands down.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😕 I beg to differ sir 🙂
    KLM/Schipol have a good reputation for rooting ya bags 😀

jason laverty
    Participant

Ray,

Borolad was out to the" Scanti Inspector" today so dont think the baggage allowance was too critical.

What I have done with the large Fugro turd bag, is to put all my normal clothes into that and then basic PPE into the old fugro blue bag. Then put the blue bag inside the large turd bag and you should get a way with it on an one bag Air line.

At the heliport it’s a matter of separating the two.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar