Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Boobies!!!

Boobies!!!

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Boobies!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Evening gents.

Now I have your attention may I pick your brains?

I have been looking into offshore work over the last year and in particular find the sound of ROV tech very appealling.

I have a wide variety of experience in many areas. Im primarly from an electronics background with 12 years experience repairing and maintaining from 1st to 4th line and have 3 years experience to 2nd in hydraulics and cryogenics and 5 years experience in fibre optic repairs. All this Id have thought have added up to at least a phone call or even an email but after 6 months of calling various companies I have yet to recieve either.

What my question is… How on earth do I get my CV read by recruiters amongst the 1000 others from butchers, bakers and candle stick makers?

I appreciate you get questions like this all of the time and have trawlled through the website for similar posts to act upon but seem to be coming to dead ends.

Regards Dan

Ray Shields
    Participant

Luck, knowing someone or an Act of God.

I would also recommend getting up to Aberdeen and actually turning up at some of these companies in person and SPEAK to people. No, I dont have a list of companies or who you should speak to at them.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Hi Dan

Welcome to the world of looking for a Trainee Rov job , Sounds like you want to find it the easy way.

The only way your going to find a a rov trainee job is plan a visit to Aberdeen for a few days and go round all the main line rov company’s and even then there is no guarantees since all the main line Rov operators already have there books filled with trainees .

But let me clear about this , No body is going to bang on your door and offer you work , Its all down to you .

As I have said many times in the past its all down luck and being there at the right time .

But as you have already found out there are Thousands of guys the same as you .
    If I was you I would look at other offshore opportunities for starters many people all ready earn more than Rov personnel .So Good luck on your search .

Raptor

Daniel
    Participant

Thanks for the replies gents.
    I have organised to go up to Aberdeen in Jan and start knocking on doors. Hopefully a few may open.

David
    Participant

You’ll have more chance of a job as an Electronics Tech on a rig.
    More cash as well.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I would also not rule out work as a base tech in a ROV company actual experience working on the equipment would also help.

Not offshore or offshore pay but still a start

Robert Black
    Participant

FYI. For wasting my time and not actually showing me Boobies; I’m going to flat out reject every CV I get from all Daniels, Dans and Danfords for the next year.

This should save you at least one stamp.

Daniel
    Participant

LMAO. Here you go KreuzOps I think these are more boobies are anyone could handle!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bfbd1414e1575cae31a8634cff168454/tumblr_mga13rzZMb1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg

Daniel
    Participant

Thanks scalpatroid I didnt realise that there where electronics jobs on the rigs, everytime I looked it was always electrical tech they were after.

Ill keep an eye out and start contacting some of the companies.

Daniel
    Participant

Well ive made abit of progress but not in ROV work.

Ive got an interview for a "Wind turbine Tech Offshore"

I know this is abit of a long shot but anyone know what sort of money they on?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

LMAO. Here you go KreuzOps I think these are more boobies are anyone could handle!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bfbd1414e1575cae31a8634cff168454/tumblr_mga13rzZMb1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg

LMFAO – That’s just scary!! 😯

Daniel
    Participant

Lol, I threw up a little!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar