Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Canyon Singapore..

Canyon Singapore..

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Canyon Singapore..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robert Branch
    Participant

Whats happened with Canyon in Singapore..They seem to have gone very quiet.Anyone heard anything..dont they have any work on in SEA..They had a bit on in Oz last year on the Pyrenees project,but dont think the Proteus is still on that..

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Haven’t heard a squidge of news…

me
    Participant

Quiet, i had a few jobs for them but not much going on now

subdriver357
    Participant

I dropped by Canyon Sg a week or so ago and the office seemed quiet. The Offshore Personnel Mgr barely gave me the time of day (granted I’m a Senior Pilot -tech not a Supervisor) and was NOT positive at all -not even a thank you for dropping by ( I know, I’m much too sensitive…)
    I had heard a rumour in one of the bars in Pattaya that Sonsub had sold assets to Canyon ( I’m really not sure how these things get started). Not so at all according to more reliable sources than Bernie’s BS &B. Canyon’s parent co. Helix put a lot of capital into ships and the trickle down is that Canyon is having difficulty getting adequate spares to those systems that are working.
    BTW, I’m reporting – NOT investigating, so no sources or vouching for accuracy of the above.

andyrose
    Participant

Subdriver,

For reliable info you now need to go to Bambooze in Changi.

Where are you in Pattaya?

Andy

Herman
    Participant

Heard that Canyon Sing got a big job in Malaysia for Murphy Oil. Work for 5 ROVs, 3 new Triton XLS.
    New offshore personal manager.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Heard that Canyon Sing got a big job in Malaysia for Murphy Oil. Work for 5 ROVs, 3 new Triton XLS.
    New offshore personal manager.

Ya’ sure about that??? Or just the rumor mill?

Herman
    Participant

Yes, spoke today with the new Pers. Offshore Manager. DaBo is gone, but the crews are already set up.
    Harley sold?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Yes, spoke today with the new Pers. Offshore Manager. DaBo is gone, but the crews are already set up.
    Harley sold?

Interesting…. the plot thickens as I’ve heard different.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar