Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Change of Job Drilling Electrican to Rov Tech ??

Change of Job Drilling Electrican to Rov Tech ??

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Change of Job Drilling Electrican to Rov Tech ??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    craig
    Participant

I am currently working in the North Sea for a drilling company as a Drilling Electrician, I have been doing so for the past 3 and a half years, I am looking to further my career and move on to work in the ROV side of the industry.
    I served my apprenticeship working on ships Standby,Supply and Diving vessels when they were in port for crew change or repairs, i did that for 4 years then went offshore to work as a Drilling Electrician where am at today.
    I would ideally like to work aboard a ship as part of the ROV team, but am unsure how to get into one of these positions…….

I do have all my qualifications and courses done to work as a Drilling Electrican, but i have not done any seamans courses, or have a Seamans discharge book.

Any information of positions available would be great, or contact details of anyone that can help me with this change in career.

Many Thanks
    Craig Whyte

Ray Shields
    Participant

Craig,

certainly been done by others I know.

You do not need any Discharge book or Seamans courses. Have a read through the FAQs on here (link is over on the left side) and read up on How to Lay out Your CV. It will give you an idea on how to organise the qualifications and experience you have to suit applying for an ROV job.

Companies in the main are looking for technically qualified people to take on to teach them about ROVs. As you already have that PLUS already having the offshore experience it should count well in your favour.

Unfortunately many companies slow down their recruitment process over Winter and start taking on again around January time.

cheers, Ray

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar