Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Cheers…….

Cheers…….

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Cheers…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HairgriP
    Participant

Hello to all, i’m obv new to this forum and like a few other posts on here trying to get into the ROV game. Read though most of the posts and found some very usefull, cheers!
    My CV’s with all the big names and i’ve spoke to most of the recruitment officers at those places. I’ve been a mech tech for 5 yrs, mech HNC marine eng NVQ3, C&G in fluid power and electronic control of fluid power, full offshore and med, but still struglling to get in anywhere!! Guess it’s just the time of year so i’ll keep my chin up n keep trying!

Got a couple of mates in the game too, guess if people arnt taking trainees people just have to wait!!

Heard that a trainee place at CTC first year training is £35k at a training school? Also they’d want you to sign a 10 yr contract saying if you left you owe the money spent on your training? Would anyone happen to know if this info is correct???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers!!!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

I very much doubt you are tied in for TEN years!

It is normal for companies who supply training to tie people into a training agreement for the first 2 years – usually on a sliding scale (e.g. £2k in the first 6 months, £1k in the first year, £500 in the first 1.5 years etc.). But its normally starting in the region of £3k.

As you have found out, there may be a shortage of people offshore, but so many people are applying to get in, there are only so many slots to fill. A lot of people think they can walk into a job because of the shortage – as you have found out, its not that easy.

Good luck and keep trying.

HairgriP
    Participant

cheers Ray, Yeah i thought that sounded a little high but don’t know how these companies work as yet.

Hopefully in a couple of month i might be changing my name to HairgriP rookie!

Ta.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar