Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Compass Offshore

Compass Offshore

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Compass Offshore

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sedco
    Participant

How does everyone else find Compass to deal with?

I’ve emailed their posted address for a couple of their advertised jobs but never get a reply.

Is it me or is it them?

madddawg
    Participant

Me thinks it’s them – also replied to ads. Never heard from them again. Not even a "Thank you for you interest bla, bla ,bla…" Sad… 😥

ANCHORMAN
    Participant

I have had a job of them a couple of years ago and it went well. They paid on time and communication was good between them and myself. The do say NOT to turn down any other job offers you have while waiting for a start with them. Cant get fairer than that. Do as I do and treat others as you expect to be treated yourself. Apply for the job but nothing is confirmed until I have my flight tickets and if a confirmed job turns up while you are waiting then go for that. But remember to contact any one you have made a verbal agreement with and let them know you are no longer available . Those who say we will look out for you. I only reply to them when they get back in touch with me which can be months later and update my availability. I don’t mess the Agents around and expect them to treat me likewise. Don’t forget this is work and they are not your best friends. Saying that it is nice to get a good repertoire with the people that fined you work. If I get no response I don’t take it personal it’s just the way it is some times. I have 2 sayings. RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME and YOUR AS GOOD AS THE JOB YOUR ON AND THE DAY YOUR ON IT

Steve McCaffery
    Participant

Gents,

The way we try to respond to everyone is by posting here that the positions have been filled since this is where we started the ad.

John Ferguson
    Participant

Gentlemen

I have worked for Compass in the past and actually utilize Compass Personnel now. I have never had a problem with the communication with Compass. I do realize that they are busy, they don’t just have one person to deal with, they have 100 or more. If they don’t call you back it’s either you don’t qaulify for the position and they are busy locating the proper person or they get bogged down. Compass has always paid me on time and have made sure my pay goes directly where it needs to go. My suggestion to you is that you be a little more persistant and continue to call them until you get an answer. After all it’s the difference between you working or not. I wish you the best.

John F

madddawg
    Participant

Gents,

The way we try to respond to everyone is by posting here that the positions have been filled since this is where we started the ad.

Mr. Mccaffery,

My humble apologies then for my previous comment. 😳

sedco
    Participant

Gents,

\

I’ve worked for 4 different agencies and correspond regularly with about half a dozen more. Proffs and Subservpro are about the only ones that respond to every single email I send them and the others respond to about 80% of them. For me Compass stood out because they never seemed to reply to any email.

But now I know their policy, its good. It’s all good

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar