Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions cost of Falcon and Cougar

cost of Falcon and Cougar

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions cost of Falcon and Cougar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gr8
    Participant

I am wondering what is the approximately cost of Seaeye Falcon and Seaeye Cougar Deepwater (complement… with winch, LARS, etc.)
    Anyone have idea?
    It can be prices of new and used ROVs.

Thanks! 🙂

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Here are some used examples:

Seaeye Cougar System
    3000m rated, c/w toolskid, 2 manips, TMS, cameras, sonar, spares etc. No LARS or main lift umbilical
    €440,000

Seaeye Falcon ROV Sys.
    c/w 300m tether, winch, camera & some spares
    £60,500

As you can see prices will vary wildly depending on where in the world the system is located, what rating they have and how much (if any) of a hammering the system has had.
    Not to mentions spares, sensors, manips supplied (or not) with the system.

You might be interested to know that the above examples came off a free issue Underwater Equipment List put out Monthly by Mike Kernaghan of MaRE

Telephone: +44 1224 870 070
    Fax: +44 1224 870 071
    E-mail: sales@m-are.com

You can sign up free of charge at: http://www.m-are.com
    Lists are emailed monthly FOC.

gr8
    Participant

Thanks James for quick reply.

Maybe there are any other cheaper systems with 2000 – 3000 metres depth range?

subman
    Participant

I think its down to what you want to use the system for if you let me know maybe I can help you .
    But there are many second had systems on the market but without knowing what the job your thinking of using them for its hard to say .

Yes you can free swim a falcon to 780 feet with no TMS but due to the amount of tether you have out any current and in the end the tether will control the vehicle and not you .

Cheers

Subman

gr8
    Participant

Thanks subman.
    Well, I will need camera, lights, sonar, simple manipulator to cut the rope (better long and tight, cause the access to that rope is a little difficult), thrusters enough for the currents on 3000m depth.
    Job: go down, find the object on the seabed, cut the rope, go back on board.

I think it is not too much requirements. I will prefer smaller system but the most important thing is the depth range 🙄

James McLauchlan
    Participant

If you only have the one short job in mind you might be better considering rental?

gr8
    Participant

Yes, it is a short job but it will repeat constantly.
    I think that buying an own system will be more cost-effective than rental in the longer time.

subman
    Participant

Yes Like James said you may be better off renting but to cut rope I wonder what dia rope are we talking about also will the rope be under tension .

If its just rope up to 15 mm or there abouts then just make up a standard rope cutter .So what size rope , Sounds like cutting beacons free to me .

Cheers

Subman

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar