Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Ex Military looking to work offshore

Ex Military looking to work offshore

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Ex Military looking to work offshore

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    michael bailey
    Participant

Hi guys im currently due to leave the Army as an Aircraft Technician (mechanical) at the very end of this year and was looking at working offshore when i leave, i currently work on UAV’s (unmanned air vehicles) so this has made me think about working on ROV’s.

I understand that i would require the relevent BOSIET MIST and medical certification but was after some advice on what technical qualifications i would require or courses that would benefit me to work as a ROV tech.

I have completed an advanced modern apprenticeship in aerospace engineering which encorporates a BTEC in Aerospace engineering maintenence and a BTEC in Mechanical maintenance engineering.
    My main query is whether the experience and qualifications that i have already gained would allow me to work on the ROV’s or whether i would be required to complete one of the relevent pilot tech courses?

Any advice would be much appreciated. thanks mike.

Bill
    Participant

Mike,

I wouldn’t bother thinking about an ROV course. Your qualifications and previous experience should be enough for you to be hired. The ROV company would then, if it’s a good one, run internal courses on their equipment which would include working on simulated scenarios.

Good luck

Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar