Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions FALCON ELECTRIC TOOLING

FALCON ELECTRIC TOOLING

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions FALCON ELECTRIC TOOLING

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BRUNO SERARFI
    Participant

Hi Guy!
    I would like to know that:
    I plan to purchase a little hydraulic tool who is electrically driven by a small motor.
    24 V and 93 Watts.
    This motor work at Nominal current 4.9 Amps and seem, according the motor specs to go up 40 Amps at Starting current.

I don’t know if the Falcon PSU system can support this tool???

Someone have any idea about that?
    I have reading the manual and the AUX motors usually can run up to 150 Watts (grapper, sonar) but at much lower Amps…
    Obviously is no point to buy a tool if the PSU trip…
    Any help welcome…
    Cheers

piper
    Participant

Wawaron, hang in there mate, I am still waiting for my English translator to decipher your request and then I will be able to help you. 😆

BRUNO SERARFI
    Participant

I’m not that bad… 😳

Roy Simson
    Participant

if you try and use your tool your going to blow the fuse as your going to be drawing to much current .

As for the grabber yes this has a habit of blowing the fuse which means your left attached to item your trying to move or pick up at this stage all you can do is get divers or move the vehicle backwards and forwards until the whole of the grabber is pulled out the rubbers and off the vehicle and hope you can pull the connecter free .

The Seaeye grabber is more of a toy but you can do some very small jobs but your better off making up a hook or if you want to recover some thing use a Happy Hooker .

Cheers

Raptor

BRUNO SERARFI
    Participant

Hi Raptor !

Thanks for your reply. I find out the solution forthe elec motor.
    Do you mean the falcon grabber is not reliable???

Cheers

Roy Simson
    Participant

Yes not very reliable , Your far better off making a probe its all down to what job you want to do with the vehicle .

The Falcon is a nice little vehicle to replace the 600 which also used the same grabber but it all ways has the habit of blowing the fuse on the PSU . So far better to make your own tool or if your removing something like a well head cover use a happy hooker .

Cheers

Raptor

BRUNO SERARFI
    Participant

Well noted…
    Thanks for the tip buddy :tup:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar