Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Falcon one thruster down

Falcon one thruster down

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Falcon one thruster down

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BRUNO SERARFI
    Participant

Hi

The FW PORT thruster of my Falcon doesn’t want to work.

When I check the thruster pod, it doesn’t show on the system settings screen.

I’ve tried to reset the vehicle/system a few times, everything else works fine except this one thruster.

Any input would be gratefully received.

Ray Shields
    Participant

There are individual fuses for the power supply for each thruster, there are also fuses for the communications lines to each thruster. Any one of these could be blown, they are located on the main PCB in the pod on the vehicle.

Or its the thruster itself that is gone. I take it you mean when you display the list of vehicle nodes with serial numbers, the port Fwd is blank. Also try doing a Node search to see if it picks it up. Most likely a fuse tho. Be careful changing the fuses out, the surface mount holdings are quite flimsy for the comms line fuses.

For the power fuses, there is a Self test button on the board that shows if all fuses are OK at the press of a button.

playborj
    Participant

or you can check for loose wire in the vehicle pod sometimes one or two wires inside is not making contact even though at first glance its seated/connected.cheers 😀

BRUNO SERARFI
    Participant

😀 Gotcha
    All my fuse test was green, and the thruster plug ok, was only the green little female plug on the board who was a bit twist, no maore than that.
    All fine now.
    Thank for the tips 😉

Ray Shields
    Participant

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar