Home Forums General Danger Zone! FAMOND CONSULTANT LIMITED Contract Terms. (Scam)

FAMOND CONSULTANT LIMITED Contract Terms. (Scam)

Home Forums General Danger Zone! FAMOND CONSULTANT LIMITED Contract Terms. (Scam)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lloyd Todd
    Participant

To All,

Been receiving emails from the above named outfit so i decided to check them out on the net,

24 Aug 2010 … The Fake company Famond consultant limited, Netherlands, are sending out Bogus Contracts Through shell petroleum company Port harcourt …
    http://www.consumercomplaints.in/?search=FAMOND%20CONSULTANT

Anybody else getting these emails, Bin them.

Best regards Mad-dog

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

To All,

Been receiving emails from the above named outfit so i decided to check them out on the net,

24 Aug 2010 … The Fake company Famond consultant limited, Netherlands, are sending out Bogus Contracts Through shell petroleum company Port harcourt …
    http://www.consumercomplaints.in/?search=FAMOND%20CONSULTANT

Anybody else getting these emails, Bin them.

Best regards Mad-dog

Thanks for that info Dog… Why don’t you notify Shell and ask for a reward??? I think they can afford it!!! Heh, heh.

Lloyd Todd
    Participant

Scott,

Shell and reward? come on mate its not going to happen in this life time lol
    a good thought in a perfect world………………

Mad-dog

andyrose
    Participant

So you not in a perfect world then Mad dog?

I thought you were coming to see us in Thailand!!

I had a similar scam a few months ago – similar MO – Port Harcourt except it was for Total and this guys office was in New York – sounded good until the issues of visas arose – then they wanted money to "expedite" the process – which of course you can claim back.

I emailed Total to confirm this was a genuine broker – which of course it was not. After about 4 months I got a reply from Total stating that they do not use various external agencies and never ask for money.

The real give aways are:

email address – most genuine (although not all) agencies will have a website and their own web address as opposed to a ****@gmail.*** or similar.

Poor speelling (oops)

Over inflated job titles and names

Usually involve (at some ponit in the process) a transfer of mopney to a Western Union office in Lagos – despite the fact that the office address is in NY

The most obvious thing though is that, depite the rest of the industry being in the doldrums, a company that you have never heard of and which has no website, suddenly has loads of jobs with unbelievably good benefits.

These scams are part of the 419 set, very popular in Nigeria and countries associated with expats of Nigeria. Simialr ones include the "I have a few millions dollars to get out of the country – please help" – "You have won the euro millions lottery" (even though you did not enter it) – "My uncle was a tribal leader who was deposed and I need your help to get hios billions of dollars out of Mumbobungoland" –

Then there is the "Our client who is a major player in the O and G industry had an urgent need for an ROV supervisor who can:

A) Walk on water
    B) Turn water into wine
    C) Forgive all sins
    D) Fix all snags without spares
    E) Take a pay cut
    F) Pay own flights and hotel bills
    G) Never complain
    H) Exist on a rust bucket with no internet or phones
    I) Be an expert on an obscure vehicle, of which only 2 were ever made

Oh and have a visa for some godforsaken place that no-one has a clue where it is.

Please note the last one is not a scam as such – but the jokerd still try it on, and do at least have a proper email address and website.

Keep smiling

Scott over to you!!

Andy

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

The old adage comes to mind… "JUST SAY NO"!!!!! (and continue to say no – but have a side job as well!!!)

mark sayer
    Participant

frank@famondconsultant.com
    famond consultants

DO NOT SEND DETAILS TO THEM THEY ARE AFTER BANK DETAILS AND WANT YOU TO SEND THEM A PAYMENT TO APPLY FOR A NIGERIAN VISA
    , I WAS OFFERED A JOB WITH ` THE SHELL PRODUCTION COMPANY NIGERIA ` AND ITS NOT THE REAL COMPANY YOU ARE DEALING WITH .
    THIS JOB WAS ADVERTISED ON OILCAREERS.COM AND SEEMED ALL ABOVE BOARD , I HAVE ADVISED OILCAREERS.COM ABOUT THIS AS WELL .
    IN A NUT SHELL THERE IS NO JOB ! 😡

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Thanks for the warning, but please…..

Do not write in BLOCK LETTERS ALL THE TIME!

It’s just as effective and easier on the eye if you use normal text.

If your keyboard ‘Caps Lock’ is broken fair enough…. get a new one 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar