Home Forums General General Board Foot wear on Rigs/vessels

Foot wear on Rigs/vessels

Home Forums General General Board Foot wear on Rigs/vessels

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    star
    Participant

Flip flops on rigs/vessels or trainers shoes etc in the accommodation? why these guys anal about it all?
    I would wear flip flops in any rig/vessel shower though, dont want my feet getting pregnant 😆

by the way Trout high heels are not acceptable! 😆

Savante
    Participant

Let Gary explain to you the fine intricacies of hygiene aboard an oil rig. Perhaps you can shove that in your journal……..

It’s not just the shower you need to watch out for – You should also bring a friggin plastic wrap for your bed matress as apparently one of the highest incidences of people suffering from scabies is offshore workers (according to some medic I spoke to this month!) – hardly suprising when up to 365 people can use the same bed in a year – not counting hot bunking and general promiscuity ! I think the matresses get changed 1x a year or is it every 3 ?

– not too worried bout my feet getting pregnant – just don’t want an std from the two hookers my back to back keeps locked up in the bathroom and the nightly vietnamese-chicken fighting ring he’s improvised in the shower cubicle is just tempting fate for SARS and HN51! I just leave them there… the screaming eventually stops.

jason laverty
    Participant

😯 Oh shite what the F**k have I let my self in for? 🙄

I hope my last employer will take me back 😕

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Savante,

Let’s not forget: head lice, crabs, ring worm, and (you mentioned it already) a major garden variety of STD’s (with a few exotic ones thrown in for balance)…

Matresses changed yearly????? Man, you must be spoiled on all those Noggy vessels up there. My whole ROV crew once was instructed by me to toss the whole lot of matresses overboard… Tried to run me off but the guys were going to drag up if I got the boot. Solidarity (should) Rules!!!! Vessel went in and got the coconut epidermis / un-milled variety of new matresses – at least they had covers…

Savante
    Participant

Achh, just chuck the duvets into the corner of the room – have you seen the color of the stains on some of those buggers ?!? You’re breathing that shit in whilst you sleep you know that?!? Hmm dried body fluids from 1000 people – there are some real minkers out there!

Crack up the heater and sleep in the sheet.

And yeah, the olympic hercules is probably the closest to any hotel I’ve been to! Bathrooms even cleaned during your trip and linen changed rather than dried and swapped with the cabin next-door so that you dont recognise the smell of your own dried sweat !

Star/Newbies – it’s not so much intricacies as per Roald Dahl’s life story in Africa, ju!st compensating for other peoples really different hygiene habits! Don’t suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder either.

star
    Participant

not new , been offshore a while, few years , just thought would make some chat. i have seen the state these places are, one rig the showers were used by the whole rig including nationals from angola. one day went in there and i saw a turd in the corner of a shower cubicle!! piss stains up the side of the cubicle tiles.
    my pillow case was living i think.. little white jumpy mites came of that bugger. point is we all say we see these things but continue to put up with it. its a shame really. 🙁

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

not new , been offshore a while, few years , just thought would make some chat. i have seen the state these places are, one rig the showers were used by the whole rig including nationals from angola. one day went in there and i saw a turd in the corner of a shower cubicle!! piss stains up the side of the cubicle tiles.
    my pillow case was living i think.. little white jumpy mites came of that bugger. point is we all say we see these things but continue to put up with it. its a shame really. 🙁

DRAG UP YOU BOFFIN’ AND / OR ASK THE SUPV. IN CHARGE TO SHUT THE JOB DOWN / TOOLS DOWN. WHEN THE HELL ARE PEOPLE GONNA’ GET SOME BALLS & DO STUFF LIKE THAT (PAY INCLUSIVE)????

Savante
    Participant

Roger, Understood.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar