Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Fort William or MTCS

Fort William or MTCS

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Fort William or MTCS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Niall Stack
    Participant

Just looking to create a poll if you don’t mind….

I have been accepted onto the MTCS course in Windermere but unsure if it has enough on the syllabus compared with Fort William….

Have a cousin working in DOF who said that all the recruits coming through in the last while have been from Fort William so if you would take the poll below I would appreciate it….

Thanks

Roy Simson
    Participant

Well the best of luck on your poll however the main question is " If I pay out for a course will I get a Job "

If you read all the topics about this subject on this forum your see that it does not matter and luck plays a big factor , Your cv could be the one that the Hr person picks but its about the same as playing the lottery some people within one week of finishing there course get in but on the other hand some people are still hunting after 2 years and still cant get in .

So good luck on your course and we would all love to know how you get on . But there are thousands of people just like you and a hand full of jobs . Good Luck .

Cheers

Raptor

james
    Participant

Yet Subsea 7 recruits go to MTCS for their initial training.

Davie
    Participant

Hi there

I’m no ROV expert I’m purely just saying what I think and what I done.

I would say depending if you have at least one of these …..electrical,mechanical or hydraulic background it really don’t matter where you do your training as at the end of the day you get the same outcome.
    All ROV training schools are competence courses so you will not leave a trained ROV pilot/tech you will leave with a competence certificate that’s imca recognised that will basically states that you know how the industry works what it involves.
    It will be your technical background and knowledge that will sell yourself to relevant companies after you completed the course.

I just completed my course with MTCS and I enjoyed it but compared with the bigger schools and the course itself may not be up there with the underwater centres but don’t let that fool you they (MTCS) are good company and the big companies like subsea 7 and technip all go there for competences.

If you want to contact me for any reason my email address is navydavie@hotmail.com

Best of luck
    Davie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar