Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Fresh Electronics Eng.. How do I start ?

Fresh Electronics Eng.. How do I start ?

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Fresh Electronics Eng.. How do I start ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ShErbO
    Participant

Hello All,

First of all I’m really glad to have found this website. I’ve been searching for info about ROVs for a while now, but haven’t found anything like this place.

I’m thinking of starting a career in the field of ROVs. I’m a fresh Electronics Engineer with no offshore experience whatsoever. "ROV pilot technician" seems like a very rewarding job, anyway I’ve got some questions for you guys since I have almost no idea about the subject.

1) What do you think is the most suitable place for an electronics engineer, in the field of ROVs ?

2) I’m quoting this from the FAQ:

Degrees are not particularly helpful, as it is thought that there is not enough practical experience gained (someone who had a Degree in Engineering – "he could tell you the square root of an orange but he couldn’t peel it").

I think that the statement about the Orange doesn’t really describe me. I’m very good when it comes to hands-on work, be it electronics or mechanical. I don’t have formal experience however, just lots of DIY projects and stuff.
    Okay so does this basically mean that I shouldn’t bother trying ?

3) I’m an Egyptian national. That’s why I’m mainly limiting my options to the middle east (especially UAE). It’s not that I don’t want to work in Europe or the US, but I don’t think that they would even consider me for the job, because of the work permit and Visa requirements. Any Idea ?

4) Is it a must that I take the ROV courses before applying ?

I’d really appreciate your opinions on this matter. Thanks guys.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar