Home Forums ROV ROV Work – Operator Requirements Fugro Aberdeen looking for ROV personnel

Fugro Aberdeen looking for ROV personnel

Home Forums ROV ROV Work – Operator Requirements Fugro Aberdeen looking for ROV personnel

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I recently worked for a company whose trainees – i.e. 16 – 18y.o. straight from school/ college were sent on a load of courses then went offshore. Rate: £280 plus pension, retainer when at home and a whole load of other benefits. So, as I keep saying………

LJ: £360 as PT? Jeez……….. 😯

😉

Ray Shields
    Participant

You cannot start to realistically compare the agency rate to the staff rate in direct terms.

I also seem to recall about 9 years ago when starting with Fugro that it was this time of year that they started the selection process for trainees at the time.

True, unfortunately they are advertising for "experienced people" not Trainees.

I agree about the rate comparison, @liddlejohn, you got £360 as Agency, was that before or after the Agency too their cut? Also the Staff got sick pay, pension etc on top of their wage, so basically you were getting the same rate as them.

And @Piedpiper, you could say that the Fugro rate is shite, OR you could say the Riggers rate is very good! You need to compare Fugros rate to the same staff rates that the likes of Acergy, Hallin, etc. are paying.

piedpiper
    Participant

And @Piedpiper, you could say that the Fugro rate is shite, OR you could say the Riggers rate is very good! You need to compare Fugros rate to the same staff rates that the likes of Acergy, Hallin, etc. are paying.

Ray, yes riggers rates are good, AND fugro rates are not.
    Snr Pilot at Technip on salary (they do not do staff below this level) is 30K plus 200 per day on a 150 day contract.
    Day rate for PT1 is 375.

Trouble is because quite a lot pay lower, they are not giving us a payrise this year (again). Then again it is dubious who actually looks into what others pay on behalf of technip as in the past a company was hired to look into this, the person who ran that company is now heavily involved with technip. As far as I know, this person still runs said company.

piedpiper

luckyjim37
    Participant

It seems like this is going around in circles a little. Piper has just quoted figures for Technip pilot tech 1 rates but in the previous line stated Technip dont [they do not do staff below this level]. Therefore I would be lead to believe the PT1 rate is an agency rate.

So again it back to Fugro pay less to staff than Technip pay to agencies for PT1’s

I would guess if this winter is going to be as quiet as last year Fugro may well end up with some very good candidates. I know of several really good people who could not get work for longer than normal during last winter and hope there is not a reapeat of it again this year, but if I was agency and things were going quiet then there are a lot of worse companies then Fugro out there.

liddelljohn
    Participant

It was after the agency got its cut which would likely be about 20% more so it cost fugro perhaps £420-450

But other recent Jobs with other companies I have got £380 , £410 and £425

as PT and £ between £390 – £440 as Supervisor

the lowest pay this year wa £325 and that was SS7.

I post these figure so peoplel can see the truth of rates this year they aint that bad in my opinion considering how tough its supposed to be out there .

will i get flamed for working Cheap or flamed for getting Too much ??????

you cant pleas everybody .

mind u these rates are for Europe , Africa and ME ..

In Asia i have been offered peanut rates of £250 or less and i will not do that .

Ewan McKen
    Participant

The Rules as explained to me by an ROV Industry HR Professional.

To break even being Freelance you need to be making 25 percent a day more than whatever the Salary Man makes for his day.

To make it worth your while being Freelance you need to be making 50 percent a day more than whatever the Salary Man makes for his day.

Which means Technip should be paying £450 a day Freelance to match Fugro £300 (equivalent) a day Salary.

Regards,
    I5

me
    Participant

It was after the agency got its cut which would likely be about 20% more so it cost fugro perhaps £420-450

But other recent Jobs with other companies I have got £380 , £410 and £425

as PT and £ between £390 – £440 as Supervisor

the lowest pay this year wa £325 and that was SS7.

I post these figure so peoplel can see the truth of rates this year they aint that bad in my opinion considering how tough its supposed to be out there .

will i get flamed for working Cheap or flamed for getting Too much ??????

you cant pleas everybody .

mind u these rates are for Europe , Africa and ME ..

In Asia i have been offered peanut rates of £250 or less and i will not do that .

I wonder what company pay 250, never heard it that low, thats 400US lowest i have heard is 500US, i always get paid in US when working in Asia

piedpiper
    Participant

It seems like this is going around in circles a little. Piper has just quoted figures for Technip pilot tech 1 rates but in the previous line stated Technip dont [they do not do staff below this level]. Therefore I would be lead to believe the PT1 rate is an agency rate.

So again it back to Fugro pay less to staff than Technip pay to agencies for PT1’s

No, if it were through agency I would have said. Technip pay either day rate OR salary from Snr Pilot up, even some of their senior supvs are dayrate, but direct not agency. The rate I quoted for a PT1 was Technips rate for a PT1 that they hire direct and keep ‘on the books’. They only take on agency when they can’t man with the regular guys.

piedpiper

Ray Shields
    Participant

Am I correct in thinking that the dayrate paid for PT1s at Technip also includes allowances for the likes of PPE, medical courses, survival courses, travel to/from home and port of departure and does not include company pension and sick pay?

Just wanting to check that rates being quoted are more like for like.

Would it also be possible for you to get together all the rates paid by Technip and emailed into the site so the Pay Rate table can be updated, as it does not list Technip Staff rates on it at present. Nor UK Agency rates.

Theblackfingernail
    Participant

Blah blah blah, blah blah, blah

Fugro are hiring experienced personnel, if you want to go work for them put your CV in, if not don’t.

As there looking to hiring experienced personnel you’ll know what the craic is, ruffly who pays what and what there like to work for.
    If not get an interview and ask, if you don’t like it, don’t take it.

All this bumping of gums on this thread, I got this much, I’v done this many days this year, I’m never out of work, I’m ace, I can fly and make tea, I’m boring, like the way this thead is going.

No wounder we can’t get a strong union going and the companies sit back and laugh and count the money coming in.

On Deck – Off Comm’s

TBF

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar