Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Fugro ROV trainee

Fugro ROV trainee

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Fugro ROV trainee

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    David Trewick
    Participant

Hi everyone. I’m new to here. Joined as I have an interview at Fugro on Thursday at 2pm for a trainee ROV techs position.

Just wondering what they are like to work for as a company and what to expect at the interview? Also does anyone no what the start off pay is for a trainee?

Any info appreciated

Thanks

Ray Shields
    Participant

What are they like to work for – you work, they pay you money, its a rather vague question to ask! They are somewhere in-between daily beatings and peeling grapes and feeding you using naked angels.

In reality, you get a job with anyone who will give you one as a Trainee, once you are in the door, its much easier to get work elsewhere.

Just remember, these companies are taking people on to operate and maintain their equipment, they know you cannot learn to become an ROV pilot until you get a job as an ROV pilot, hence why the concentrate on the technical ability of new starts. Suggest you have a read through the internet on what work Fugro do offshore etc. try and find out a bit about the company. Expect to have to demonstrate (by questioning) whatever you have put on your CV to ensure you’re not bullshitting. You MAY get shown a hydraulic or electrical diagram and asked questions about it (depending on your background).

Write down your questions to remind you what it is you want to ask them.

Trainee I think is round about £20k a year and £90 a day offshore, £70 if you work in base.

David Sherry
    Participant

how did you get on today Davet88?

Steven White
    Participant

I have visited their website (fugro) for a 2 months ago and there was no trainee positions, and refresh it for a 5-6 times till now exactly o_O There is only usual description of job and link to view pilots and supervisor positions, so where are this casual trainee ones?? 😮

Davet88, maybe u can say when you have applied online by fugro trainee vacancy please? 😳

Ray Shields
    Participant

Mainly because they don’t need to advertise – so many people apply anyway.

But there is also a link at http://www.fugrosubsea.co.uk/careers/rov-trainees/

Steven White
    Participant

Yep , but currently trainee positions are closed and hiden from view at fugro and i think that they will ignore all letters with naming "wanna be ROV trainee" on their email.
    So there is conclusion – Davet88 applied for 6 (+/-) months ago I think.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Fugro in Aberdeen take on trainees approximately 3 times a year the interviews now will be for the intake in September/October time, the next intake will probably be around February time.

As I said, I doubt they will advertise as so many people apply anyway, e.g. for one previous course over 1000 people for 8 Trainee positions.

Steven White
    Participant

Sorry for offtop, but if there was reputation on this forum, I should up your by some quantity of points for helpful info. 🙂 :tup:

John Bridgett
    Participant

What are they like to work for – you work, they pay you money, its a rather vague question to ask! They are somewhere in-between daily beatings and peeling grapes and feeding you using naked angels.

In reality, you get a job with anyone who will give you one as a Trainee, once you are in the door, its much easier to get work elsewhere.

Just remember, these companies are taking people on to operate and maintain their equipment, they know you cannot learn to become an ROV pilot until you get a job as an ROV pilot, hence why the concentrate on the technical ability of new starts. Suggest you have a read through the internet on what work Fugro do offshore etc. try and find out a bit about the company. Expect to have to demonstrate (by questioning) whatever you have put on your CV to ensure you’re not bullshitting. You MAY get shown a hydraulic or electrical diagram and asked questions about it (depending on your background).

Write down your questions to remind you what it is you want to ask them.

Trainee I think is round about £20k a year and £90 a day offshore, £70 if you work in base.

£16.5K / £90 per day / £35 a year ago.

michael kilby
    Participant

Aa above. I’m on that with Fugro. Started in March and expecting first promotion soon.

Mick

Ray Shields
    Participant

I stand corrected 😀 It’s sometimes difficult to remember or compare rates as some are 120 day contracts, others 170 days, etc.

David Trewick
    Participant

Hello everyone!sorry for the very late reply.
    Well my interview went well and lasted two hours in total.basically got grilled on everything that was down my cv and had to explain in detail.
    Also got asked a few scenerio questions about certian work i have carried out.
    Got shown round the site as well at Aberdeen which is basically workshops and office staff.

Just to answer a few questions i only applied to fugro a month a go then recieved a phone call on the Tuesday and they scheduled a interview for the Thursday. There taking 4 trainees on in sept and 4 in nov.they were interviewing double the amount so 1 in 2 chance. They are looking for ppl with experience in electrical,mechanical,hydraulics or mechanics. Want ppl with on the job experience so they can develop skills you already have.

Waited two weeks and got the phone call i wanted today offering me a trainee position to start in nov. the reason I’m not in the September in take is due to my current job where i have to give 4 weeks notice. Can’t wait to he started now.

Anyone on here already work for them?where am i likely to be working as a trainee?anyone that has any questions feel free to ask me.

Anthony Frankland
    Participant

Davett88

Where did you apply for the trainee position? I cant find anything on their website and I have been following it for a few months.

I have a background in all of those disciplines.

David Trewick
    Participant

I just went on the website and seen there was positions for rov techs there. I applied for one of them posts. Then they got in contact with me regarding a trainees position.

Anthony Frankland
    Participant

Ok cheers for reply

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar