Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    low_ir
    Participant

Let’s cut the crap! We all know there’s better pay out there from other companies.
    People are getting impatient waiting to see what’s on offer, hence all the posts on this thread. It may be worth the wait, but if not there, could be a stampede out of the door. We have been told new grades and contracts will be issued, so there’s bound to be anxiousness and a wish to just get on with it. These we’re supposed to be ready for this weeks meeting, but surprise! they weren’t. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long before deciding on our futures.

I know what other companies are offering, I just want the company i work for to tell me what they are offering. The deal we are on at the moment is certainly nowhere near what I would be willing to stay for. AND, before anybody points it out (yet again) that includes all the benefits!!

It’s pointless talking to the ops managers (as I have) as they won’t / can’t tell you anything.

I’m sure everyone appreciates the time that Ray, Martin and the other guys put into these meetings and the frustration caused by the speed in which things seem to be happening. Let’s hope the management realise how disgruntled we are. Give them a call and let them know, you never know!

TheProphet
    Participant

Low IR you only have to look at R’s harmonisation point of contact to know all you are going to get is what the management want to hear.

The truth is out!!!!!

We all know there is more cash to be earned else where but sometimes it is better to stay with the people you like working with.
    Counts more then money ever will. 😆

low_ir
    Participant

The Prophet

I agree with you , I liked working for Rovtech, don’t know yet whether I am going to like working for Fugro-Rovtech!! 😉

temp
    Participant

Chen

The Bluewhale comments are a bit off-post from the subject heading which makes it difficult to follow a thread. I must have missed this one, whenever it happened, and can’t find the post thread you mention giving account of how the other parties invloved see it. Don’t know anything about it. Could you point me to the right thread just out of interest?

I have in the past been involved in mediation between agencies and contractors in UK (although not in this industry). Generally, it is never clear cut with blame solely on one party; there is always more than one side to a dispute and misunderstandings by the various parties (i.e. company, agency, contract personnel). Payment being withheld is one of the most common causes of dispute.

Companies and agencies/employment businesses often do embelish things and gloss over negative aspects, to get people to go on a job. Sometimes downright lies are told to get you on a job – I don’t know what happened in this case.

Likewise some contract people can overstate their abilities (or an agency may do so), or they can have unreasonable expectations, or they don’t perform to the required standard to meet the expectations of the company.

It is a pretty drastic thing to do to walk off a job, especially when people have travelled a long way, and I would have thought not a decision which would normally be taken lightly by a contract person. If unjustified (or even if it were justified), mud sticks and it could drastically affect future employability, as word spreads fast and it’s easy to get a bad name. It begs the question – why would someone (especially 2 people who presumably are capable of independant thought) do that without a good reason?

I have seen agency personnel pull out of jobs, or leave jobs early due to having received a better offer elsewhere.

To walk off a job before seeing the vessel or at least giving the job a go does seem a bit unusual. However, once on board ship it can be difficult to get away if conditions turn out to be crap and the ship doesn’t go into port. You can effectively be captive on board a sh*thole with no means of getting off for weeks.

I personally have never walked off a job in 13yrs contract work both offshore and other industries. I have been on some crap vessels/rigs, and unsafe worksites, but usually prefer to try and solve any problems that arise, or else put up and take the money. Had to threaten mass walk-off once due to bed-bug infestation on a really fithy, unsafe rust-bucket in middle east, but as a result problems were solved, job continued. Admittedlya bit easier when the Party Chief of company hiring ship joined the guys in walk-off.

Whilst it can be useful to share information about what various companies and agencies etc are like to work for on this forum, I think things should be kept in general terms. Discussing the specifics of a particular case, especially if it is still in dispute with various parties, does seem a bit unprofessional.

Incidentally, whilst not applicable to overseas work directly for companies based outside UK, there is legislation within UK for protection of agency workers (and it also protects the agencies/employment businesses). One piece of this is that a company can not withhold payment simply due to the absence of a signed timesheet – I have dealt with a dispute specifically on this point, and eventually secured payment from the agency, it was then their problem to settle non-payment dispute with client company.

There is recourse for the company if a contract person did not perform to required pre-stated standards, or breached company rules etc.

When working for a UK-based agency/employment business, the freelancers contract is with that agency/employment business, so UK legislation applies, even if work (or non-work!) was carried out for a company overseas. Claims can often be settled between freelancer and agency without recourse to the County Court small claims procedure. The resulting payment dispute between agency and client company is treated almost as a seperate issue, and is their problem to sort out.

temp

chen
    Participant

I dont think there was any dispute between UKPS and the men. I have been advised that the men have been paid either in full or at least covering all expenses by UKPS.
    The only financial disputes are between UKPS, Bluewhale and COOEC (the client). COOEC will not pay because they received no ‘work’ therefore Bluewhale will not pay.
    The job was eventually done by Rovtech personel ‘lent’ as a much appreciated (but expensive) short notice favour by thier Singapore office. Interestingly one of said personnel being close friend and former back-to-back of norfolknchance.

temp
    Participant

chen/norfolkinchance etc

It’s a pity that whatever problems there were or perceived to be could not be resolved, by the guys on the ground from all parties involved getting their heads together and sorting things out, with a bit of give and take on both sides etc.

To have guys walk off a job after flying halfway round the world and being there for 6 days seems pretty drastic, and not in either parties best interests. It presumably built up over several days and didn’t just suddenly happen without warning?

It also has the potential to f**k things up in the future for other personnel from same agency wishing to go and work for same company, as companies tend to avoid using an agency again for a while if they have had a dispute with them or had trouble caused (in their viewpoint) by personnel supplied by them. Usually best to sort things out at the time amongst the guys at the worksite rather than go through protracted recriminations and tit for tat arguments after the fact, airing dirty linen in public etc.

temp

Ray Shields
    Participant

Low IR you only have to look at R’s harmonisation point of contact to know all you are going to get is what the management want to hear.

If any of you are unhappy with point of contact please use one of the other reps or myself if you wish, pm if you want. All questions/comments put forward via reps are anonymous so fill your boots.

chen
    Participant

chen/norfolkinchance etc

It’s a pity that whatever problems there were or perceived to be could not be resolved, by the guys on the ground from all parties involved getting their heads together and sorting things out, with a bit of give and take on both sides etc.

To have guys walk off a job after flying halfway round the world and being there for 6 days seems pretty drastic, and not in either parties best interests. It presumably built up over several days and didn’t just suddenly happen without warning?

It also has the potential to f**k things up in the future for other personnel from same agency wishing to go and work for same company, as companies tend to avoid using an agency again for a while if they have had a dispute with them or had trouble caused (in their viewpoint) by personnel supplied by them. Usually best to sort things out at the time amongst the guys at the worksite rather than go through protracted recriminations and tit for tat arguments after the fact, airing dirty linen in public etc.

temp

You’re right I think if it had’nt been for the size of the contry preventing closer contact as things progressed this woud not have happened. The clients decision to do an ofshore medical in Tianjin instead of Shenzhen turned the mobilisation into a cook’s tour (Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Shanghai, Zhuoshan). We could’nt have anyone travel with the guys so they must have felt like it was "pass the parcel" with most of the contacts being Chinese with poor English.
    We are a different company now with more ex-pat staff and better English speaking Chinese contacts.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Alomost 8400 reads of this thread so far.

Will we make the 10,000? 😀 😀

truered
    Participant

you will if people keep adding diffrent topics to the thread 😆

waynemb17
    Participant

In typical fashion they have just sent the Rovtech harmonisation rep offshore for three weeks so will this mean more delays in putting out the first draught of the contract ? Keep holding your breath guys !!!!!!!!!!!!

TheProphet
    Participant

Wayne

Well that just about sums them up!
    I wouldn’t even send him for a paper 😆 never mind offshore 😆

truered
    Participant

thisweeks meeting has been cancelled anyway, but to send the rep offshore is something else

Ray Shields
    Participant

In typical fashion they have just sent the Rovtech harmonisation rep offshore for three weeks so will this mean more delays in putting out the first draught of the contract ? Keep holding your breath guys !!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is why each of the offshore reps has a Deputy….

Anyway, I can be loud enough for several people, cant I Turered? 😀 😀

truered
    Participant

aye well you don’t get to superintendent in fugro being quiet 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar