Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    TheProphet
    Participant

Sarcy

I’m not depressed i’m happy cos i don’t really give a shit about the merger 🙂

Sarcy
    Participant

thats the attitude, we are getting paid so who cares what they call the company.

So long as it is not Subsea 6 and 1/2

keep smiling

piedpiper
    Participant

I hope you get it sorted soon as this thread has got a bit tedious. If your not happy with what they are offering, leave ! It’s as simple as that.

piedpiper

Bacaruda
    Participant

29/03/2017

Harmonisation talks finally end, last 2 Rovtech guy’s left are unhappy about the outcome and leave.

J Deans
    Participant

I hear that from todays meeting they have caved in and are going to pay the Rovtech guys the same as the Fugro guys, but need the go ahead from Head Orrofice.

You will have to find something else to whinge about now!

waynemb17
    Participant

I hear that from todays meeting they have caved in and are going to pay the Rovtech guys the same as the Fugro guys, but need the go ahead from Head Orrofice.

You will have to find something else to whinge about now!

The e-mail i got and i gather the rest of my work mates does’nt mention anything about caving in but mearly mentions that they ( Fugro ) are now aware of the differences between the two company’s pay .This said it still needs to be put to the head office in Holland for approval so as of yet nothing is approved, signed, sealed or being delivered till the big cheeses give it the go ahead. 😮

ROV_VALLEY_COMMANDO
    Participant

Can i ask which which rate the Rovtech guys will be getting, as i know alot of the guys that work for Fugro, and they are all on different rates, not so sure about the rig pigs but the fixed vessel lads are on a good screw, for instance i know exactly what a senior sub on the Carla is getting and with the holiday pay on top it works out to be one of the top rates out there, i would post the rate but will probably open up another can of worms and i don’t think it would be fair on the Fugro long termers,

Cheers,

RVC.

truered
    Participant

fugro was never a rig working company till thales came in. the (old) fugro guys dotted on the carla , inspector and anywhere else are pretty much on the same screw dayrate or otherwise,
    a few years ago people would negotiate the best deal for them and got it in most cases . but as mentioned in the threads the management are near there decision and have seen the vast gulf in pay between fugro and rovtech people . from the comms i have seen the rovtech guys will pretty much get a good deal out of this, whilst the management are trying to force the exisitng fugro personnel into the new contracts.

J Deans
    Participant

i know alot of the guys that work for Fugro, and they are all on different rates, not so sure about the rig pigs but the fixed vessel lads are on a good screw, for instance i know exactly what a senior sub on the Carla is getting and with the holiday pay on top it works out to be one of the top rates out there

You said it – they are all on different rates. That one senior sub could have got himself a great rate a few years back, doesnt mean they are all that good.

Anyway most of the rig pigs do 1 or 2 dives a week and sleep n watch dvds the rest of the time, the guys on the boats work their bollocks off with sometimes 2 subs at a time working,doing a good 12 hours shift every day. You think an eyeball supervisor has to work as hard as a workclass supervisor? Why shouldnt they get paid more?

misiuek
    Participant

Dino

are u being arguementive for the sake of it or what, having worked both workclass and eyeball why should the pay differ, generally speaking workclass have bigger crews you try working in a 2 man team doing inspection for weeks on end.
    doesnt matter which vehicle there are easy jobs and ‘thats it i quit’ jobs so what you want the scale to match the job? each comes with its own responsibilities a supv is exactly that and should be paid accordingly.

ok they are bigger blah blah blah doesnt mean the supv knows any more or any less.

actually do you even work offshore?

xxx
    Participant

Guy’s I have worked for many years in workclass construction (12) but for the passed two years I have vaired my positions and covered everything from rig work to eyeball survey and even a few inshore water insurance jobs. In the end there are good and bad, knowledgeable and don’t have a clue, hard working and lazy gits in all fields. The way some of you "bitch" on this site is very unprofessional and if you conduct your work in the same manor then I dispair for the ROV industry. I believe that you go offshore for the pay you are happy with and while you are taking that money you do the best you can for the company you are working for, it is called professional pride and seem to be lacking in the whole of British society. When I started offshore we worked hard and had fun. It would be great to get back to that ethos.

Sarcy
    Participant

xxx, and I bet you think that ROV and divers should get on together as we all do the same job blah blah blah. Do you still work offshore or have you recently moved into the office and had your labotomy?

As has ben mentioned just because you work on a bigger ROV it does not necessarily mean that you get more pay, true they are more complicated, have more and bigger moving parts but try and get one to do a platform inspection, actually close in enough to see the structure, work 24 hours a day 7 days a week, whaen you are not working you are fixing and see how easy smaller ROV’s are then.

Bloody bus drivers, all the same….

whats this got to do with the harmonisation anyway?

Sarcy
    Participant

And whilst I am on the subject:

and i don’t think it would be fair on the Fugro long termers, COMMIE wrote.

Does this mean that us Rovtech long termers are now Fugro newbies?

piedpiper
    Participant

I must dis- agree there, workclass ROV team members should get more pay, as you rightly say, they are more complicated, and have more parts (to go wrong) lets face it a few years ago ROVtech had the reputation of taking people of the street, and putting them out as ROV pilots, 2 trips later they were ‘supervisors’ you know I tell the truth. You can’t get away with that as much on workclass. Remember the superseekers ? Half the guys on them had no technical no how at all !

piedpiper

misiuek
    Participant

piedpiper slight exaggeration but yes many years ago some were lucky with quickness that thye became supv , sorry what …….this isnt the only company where it has happened of course not………. right time right place …..

as for the superseekers as much as i loathe to use the word rov in the same sentence those little shoe boxes served and some….. their purpose and actually the techs that came from that era on the whole were and are excellant techs , they had to be.

as i said i have worked both types done almost every task with each type and i dont see why 1 should be paid more than the other.
    think about it rig support is more and more tooling yes there are days when bugger all happens but just as quickly it can bite you in the ase , you may have to do 18-24 hrs i have worked 37hrs in asia ah you say imca etc ballocks or as the oim said i "i dont see no unions here" you do what you have too.

smaller vehicles when the panther + came out i went from a workclass where there was 3 per shift and 2 tdu operators to a little panther with full single point tooling etc to a 2 man per shift that was it all done between the 2.

also worked jobs where the small vehicle has been the back up when the ‘big’ breaks down does this mean the obs guys sits with his smoking jacket on waiting for his break or is he in about doing what he can 90% he is an extra hand , but if the little beastie breaks down you get turned up noses and tumble weed drifting down the deck…

this and this will always be the problem of the rov industry the divide between us all each ‘expert’ claiming they should get more money than the next, or why they get there tax back and i dont or whatever.

The divers do a standard job it isnt much difference being blown to -30mtrs or to -130mtrs and they stuck together untill the Rov industry does the same you can moan on this or other sites but it wont make the slightest difference.

phew thats enough from me!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar