Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

Fi,

thats £34,300 which is £201 a day. How long have you been doing ROVs, just over a year?

Remember on top of this there are the additional benefits of health scheme, pension and annual leave. A small amount but still take into account when comparing dayrates. New starts with ISS are getting paid £195 a day. Oceaneering are paying a lot less.

To be fair, how long had that Supervisor being doing the job and their experience. You have to compare like with like! Give it a few more years and you will be up there yourself 🙂

Ray Shields
    Participant

All,

check the letter again, it states that this is your annual pay review raise – NOT the final pay after harmonisation.

For some people, there will be further raises to level out pay within grades. The loyalty bonus is also worth a good few £ a day.

I wondered why the rates you mentioned were so low…

spanker
    Participant

Not all of us have the luxury of being home at the moment but from what i can gather the letter actually states two salary rates, one is after the annual raise and then the other is the new salary and day rate people are on.
    I think what needs to be done is a letter publishing to all that states salary and day rate per position within the company. The new salaries do not add up to the salaries Fugro were initially on as stated on the pay rates site and even after converting the 170 day to 183 or 186 it still doesn’t make sense.
    Is somebody trying it on again with us all or are we going to get a proper explanation of how these rates came about and the equivalent grades we have now compared to the old grading system so we can work out where we stand with regards to equivalent pay.

fiona
    Participant

is there any mention in the letter about the summer bonus? if they’re doing away with that, that’s quite a loss to us

TheProphet
    Participant

The words Stitched Up sring to mind here 🙁
    Now i understand how a balloon feels! 🙁

Time to send a CV round a few places ❗

Ray Shields
    Participant

No summer bonus.

The 2 figures quoted is causing mass confusion.

You’ve had your letter, now apply the 3L rule 😀 😀

spanker
    Participant

No Ray, it’s not about the 3L Rule.

Its about getting equality through the company now it has merged.

I know i wouldn’t spend millions buying out a company without looking at what the wage bill is and then when it comes to it pretend that i had no idea there were differences. Same with the whole harmonisation thing, they always had a contract in mind, plus the answers to the questions we wanted but were "pending proposal and benefits package" what a load of !!!!

"You have your letter now apply the 3L rule", i’m so glad i joined the RMT now, so we can all stick together on things!!!!!!

Bacaruda
    Participant

Would like to know what grade received an extra 18K Fi ?

low_ir
    Participant

The annual pay increase (effective from 1st Jan 2007) equates to 4.7% for myself.

This doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the increases the rest of the industry have been getting!!

Has this percentage been for everyone or have others got more? or even less?

The 18k increase that Fi has mentioned is probably the figure given after the standardisation of grades, once the harmonisation is complete.

Also on the Rates page it says that a supv for Fugro Aberdeen has a salary of 36k, is this a special deal or the standard rate? I know that there are people on different packages within the same grade, but is this figure the upper level?

Standardisation is exactly what it means, and as such each grade should have the same pay structure, so lets see what the standard salary and day rates are for each grade within the company. And why have we not been given these details with the letters?

exfugroemployees
    Participant

This topic is very tedious now, so here goes – Fugro day rate senior pilot/subeng what ever they call em now about £360 a day + 20 days holiday takes it up to about £380, Supervisor about £380 a day + 20 days holiday takes it up to about £405, Rovtech lads and lassies like the sound of that, don’t know about salaried personnel as i was day rate when i left but i’ve been told for supervisor £36000 and somewhere between £150 and £190 bonus depending on how good/far up the bosses arse you are.

And these figures are Fugro employees before the FugroRovtech takeover/merger, so they are probably on more now!

Cheers,

a very happy ex Fugro employee.

Ian Stephen
    Participant

The annual pay increase (effective from 1st Jan 2007) equates to 4.7% for myself.

low ir, you are luckier than me, only 3.14% in my case, but the levelling out of salary makes up for a lot in my case, supervisor 1, so i will be staying. the way i look at it is, i am being payed more today for the same work i did yesterday and that can only be a good thing. it also seems to me that a lot of younger guys are looking to be payed for running when they are still learning to walk!!!!! 😀 😀

low_ir
    Participant

Dawg

Do you know if you will be getting the same pay deal as all the other Supervisor 1’s?? It may be worth enquiring about before you give your thumbs up!

Remember it says in the letter

We have also taken this opportunity to standardise all ROV job titles in line with the organisation’s ROV Career Structure

The basic package commensurate with this grading would consist of :-

To me, these two lines say, that a particular grade will have one pay package. The previous post to yours allready shows that this is not the case. As a supervisor, will your salary now be £36?

low_ir
    Participant

Apologies, that should have said £36k!

Ian Stephen
    Participant

i have taken little notice of exfugro’s post, he has only joined rovworld today and is probably posting to be a fly in the ointment and cause discontent in the now happy world that is frov 🙄 i have the same rates as have already been posted for supervisor 1 and as i said before, i am considerably better off 😉

low_ir
    Participant

Well, I can confirm the day rates he posted are correct, I know a couple of guys who are indeed getting them.

The posting on the Rates page (which has been there for some time now), states Salary Supervisor ,Fugro Aberdeen £36k and £170 per day. It would be nice if someone who holds this position can confirm this.

Maybe these deals are just to keep ex-Rovtech employees happy. You are happy with your proposed increase, but that’s not the point I’m making.

As a side note, does Hilary Cliffe ever answer her phone?!!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar