Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Bacaruda
    Participant

Does any one know the Superintendent rates for the Rovtech Guy’s, wondering what the jump is like from Supervisor. Also how did our Subeng’s fare, hope it’s better than some of the pilot/tech’s.

Ian Stephen
    Participant

subeng 1 is getting 2K more than supervisor 1, check out the grading structure sent out earlier in the year!!!

fi, we all had to endure the poor money early on, but if you show promise you will soon get on 🙂

low_ir
    Participant

Dawg

I got a grading structure earlier in the year, but no pay rates to go with it! 😥 Are you ex-Fugro or ex-Rovtech?

waynemb17
    Participant

we all had to endure the poor money early on, but if you show promise you will soon get on 🙂

Fi

You seem to be very unhappy you hav’nt now got the income of Richard Branson.You have only been in the game a short while and if you are’nt happy then walk. You could start for Oceaneering and get an extra 25 quid a day for working in the West Africa which would boost your income considerably. What did you do before you joined Rovtech and what did that pay you ????

exfugroemployees
    Participant

So no fly in the ointment then dawg? just thought that the Rovtech people deserved to know just how much of a gap there was/still is and still will be, believe me i know for a fact that the figures i quoted will be more now as that was the money they were on in August last year, so if yer all happy being on £10000-£15000 (or maybe more?) less a year then good for you all.

Cheers.

low_ir
    Participant

Management are saying that the grades are not tiered. Each grade has one pay scale – so each supv 1 gets the same deal etc, right throughout the grading system. If what they say is lies, people need to be told that the management line is not the case. We are the only ones who can disprove it.

Can any ex-Fugro shed any light on the issue?
    Maybe the management are bullshi**ing, if they are it’s totally out of order.

I’m reasonably happy with what I’ve been offered, but if it’s all been lies, I’d prefer not to work for those managers and the company they represent. At the moment all I can go by is the management response. Until someone provesotherwise.

‘exfugroemployees’ if you are stirring up the s**t that’s not very sporting. We know dayrating is better, blah, blah, blah……

Ian Stephen
    Participant

Low_ir said Dawg

I got a grading structure earlier in the year, but no pay rates to go with it! Are you ex-Fugro or ex-Rovtech?

ex rovtech

SSB
    Participant

Gents

I had something pointed out to me last night that makes sense (something i think all of us have overloooked). Option 4 on the letters apparently points out that if you don’t agree to any of the above you can stay on your existing contract.
    Rovtech lads would obviously be worse off so we wouldn’t.
    Fugro lads, i don’t know, you tell us!!!

Sounds like a bit of a get out clause regarding grades and pay standardisation from the management side of things.

Paul Bond
    Participant

I left Rovtech 18 months ago to go day rating. Don’t know if i’m on more or less money and not that bothered either. Time off, and having a life are more important to me at the mo – by the sound of some of the whingeing on here – some of you should give it a thought.

If you’re not happy try elsewhere!
    One mans meat is another mans poison etc etc. 8)

SSB
    Participant

norfolknchance2

I actually do have a life and also try never to work more than half a year. Matter of the point is about being bullied into things by management. If time off, having a life and not being bothered about money are your thing, why not sign on once a fortnight and you can have all the time off you like. What a life.

Its always easier to walk away and try elsewhere

Paul Bond
    Participant

My ‘whingeing’ comment wasn’t meant as a slight on peoples characters!

I can’t see how you are being ‘bullied by management’ though. Surely it is the same as most jobs – you are offered a contract and then you take it or leave it taking into account your own situation.

Believe me it is not always easier to walk away – day rating can frequently take you out of your comfort zone.

There are pros and cons for company / agency and salary / day rate employment. Its up to you to make your choice. Good luck. 8)

low_ir
    Participant

SSB

You have a valid point there:
    Fugro Employees – Option 4 Keep the good deal you are currently on or take Option 1 or 2 and receive a pay cut.
    Rovtech Employees – Option 4 keep the poor deal you are currently on Option 1 or 2 and receive some scraps from the table.

We all are trying to do the same job, for the same company, for the same money, for the same grade. We can close this thread then!! 😉

Once again ‘divide and conquer’!

Norfolknchance2, each person has their own reasons for wanting salary or day rate contracts. I’m sure you try and negotiate your pay for the companies you work for, we are just trying to do the same. The divers managed it by sticking together, I don’t think we ever will, as there is too much ‘I’m allright Jack.’ Maybe in the future it will be "I’m allright Juan, Igor, Pedro etc.’because I’ll work for £50 a day" Yeah , good guys get work, but so do the cheap ones!

To all who are not happy, put your CV’s around, and see what other companies think you are worth to them, maybe that will be a deciding factor on the 3L’s. There’s never been a better chance!!!

low_ir
    Participant

SSB

You have a valid point there:

Fugro Employees – Option 4 Keep the good deal you are currently on or take Option 1 or 2 and receive a pay cut.
    Rovtech Employees – Option 4 keep the poor deal you are currently on or take Option 1 or 2 and receive some scraps from the table.

We all are trying to do the same job, for the same company, for the same money, for the same grade. We can close this thread then!! 😉

Once again ‘divide and conquer’! from the management.

Norfolknchance2, each person has their own reasons for wanting salary or day rate contracts. I’m sure you try and negotiate your pay for the companies you work for, we are just trying to do the same. The divers managed it by sticking together, I don’t think we ever will, as there is too much ‘I’m allright Jack.’ Maybe in the future it will be "I’m allright Juan, Igor, Pedro etc.’because I’ll work for £50 a day" Yeah , good guys get work, but so do the cheap ones!

To all who are not happy, put your CV’s around, and see what other companies think you are worth to them, maybe that will be a deciding factor on the 3L’s. There’s never been a better time!!!

Dayratersarepoo
    Participant

Another no-brainer, really. The celery guys and gals at ROVtech were happy with their salaries……..otherwise they wouldn’t have been working there in the first place! Would they? They should keep the same rate. The Fugro salarweeds should keep theirs, they fought for it! 😆

First of all BARON its people like you that make the job Shit. Stick to your day rate and stick to being shit at doing it , most of us know you really are one of the worst out there .Why should’nt the ex rovtech boys be on the same money ? and how exactly did the fugro guys fight to get to where they are ?
    Its not difficult to work out why the rovtech guys wanted to be "in line" !!

its just a shame there isn’t an exam in place @ the agencys , that way we may start getting DAYRATE SCUM that can do there job .

ps i was taking to a guy and he mentioned your name !!!!!! and said your a cock.

truered
    Participant

lot of questions being asked to the fugro guys in the thread.

we are/were all on the 183 day contract generaly most of the guys are on a higher rate than the exrovtech guys of the same grade. when we were graded we were offered diffrent options take the mediocre pay rise and stick with the 183 day contract and not get the loyalty bonus etc… or go for option 1or 2, heres the hitch. for a say a supv to take option 1 or 2 would mean taking a pay cut by a few thousand a year. stick with the current contract get a pissy £500 a year rise but still get paid more than someone of the same level. for most of us guys its a simple choice.

hope this makes sense.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar