Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    NorthernMonkey
    Participant

Gotta get on the bandwagon with you there Dayratersarepoo.

Although not all day raters are poo, only about 80% of agency, they seem to have alot to say about themselves and think that because they are dayraters and they get work that they are pretty special, most agencies would send children offshore if they would get paid for them. In my experience of working with them i could have had a grout bag in the chair next to me that would have responded better to what was going on and at least it would listen.

No disrespect to the 20% out there, but comments from people like the Baroness really spank my monkey.

TheProphet
    Participant

The problem you have is there are to many different pay scales for one grade.
    They might have a superintendant grade and lets say 6 people on that level but you can bet your bottom dollar none of them will be on the same dosh.
    One threatens to leave so they make something else up for him.
    This happens not just at Superintendant level either.
    It’s time a lot of you pulled your head out of the sand and started to take a look around.
    If your any good at what you do you will get work else where salaried or day rate, trouble is most won’t leave as they know they will be found out and more than likely be out of work.
    Easier just to keep taking the salary 😉

waynemb17
    Participant

It’s time a lot of you pulled your head out of the sand and started to take a look around.
    If your any good at what you do you will get work else where salaried or day rate, trouble is most won’t leave as they know they will be found out and more than likely be out of work.
    Easier just to keep taking the salary 😉

The problem is the dead wood wont leave for exactlly that reason. They will hang around and fester for if they left they would be found out. With it being so busy and a warm body is all that is required they will continue robbing the company of a good wage. Most of these guys ( and the ex Rovtech guys will know who they are ) have got where they by standing bt AJB and frankly are capable of doing the paperwork and not much else.Therefore they will keep there head stuck firmly in the sand and keep taking the salary 😆 I am glad to see the wage rise / harmonisation seems to have kept the majority happy

Sausage
    Participant

Fi,

You seem to have an awful lot to say on this topic, exactly how long have you been doing the job, and if you are not happy with the pay, fuck off and be a 3rd engineer or a dive tech. Even better, go and wash the dishes like a good girl

Ian Stephen
    Participant

sausage wrote

Fi,

You seem to have an awful lot to say on this topic, exactly how long have you been doing the job, and if you are not happy with the pay, fuck off and be a 3rd engineer or a dive tech. Even better, go and wash the dishes like a good girl

sausage sucker, who rattled your cage, at least fi has shown an interest in this thread instead of just hurling abuse, go sneak back under whatever rock youve just come out from under!

Sausage
    Participant

sausage sucker, who rattled your cage, at least fi has shown an interest in this thread instead of just hurling abuse, go sneak back under whatever rock youve just come out from under!

I have been tracking this "thread" with great interest and it seems to me that the majority of people are just bitching and whining about what people should get paid. I am sure Fugro-Rovtech will base their final pay rates on the basis of an internet posting….NOT!!! Everyone is here for the money at the end of the day and Rovtech people would not have got a rise anywhere near the one being offered at the moment if Fugro had not bought them out. If they are not happy with the rates as a whole, then go and find a job where they get paid what they think they are worth. Some people actually discuss things with the office and get real answers rather than bitching to everyone on the internet all the time. Perhaps if more people had the balls to speak up in public, then we would get things sorted in a much more democratic manner. Some people dont seem capable of reading the letters properly and not understanding the difference between the pay review and the new grading system. Makes you wonder if they should be getting paid at all to be honest!

I would crawl back under my rock, but it just isnt big enough for my wallet anymore!!

Ian Stephen
    Participant

sausage, a much better post, offering the whiners your educated opinion rather than abuse 😀 i agree with what you say about all the moaners, they should either do something about it if they are not happy or zip it!!!! as ray has already said on this thread use the 3 L’s, so you are packing a hefty wallet eh? well i know what you mean but i don’t like to brag as it only gets the whingers goat 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

ps apologies for the jibe about a rock

waynemb17
    Participant

I have been tracking this "thread" with great interest and it seems to me that the majority of people are just bitching and whining about what people should get paid. I am sure Fugro-Rovtech will base their final pay rates on the basis of an internet posting….NOT!!! Everyone is here for the money at the end of the day and Rovtech people would not have got a rise anywhere near the one being offered at the moment if Fugro had not bought them out. If they are not happy with the rates as a whole, then go and find a job where they get paid what they think they are worth. Some people actually discuss things with the office and get real answers rather than bitching to everyone on the internet all the time. Perhaps if more people had the balls to speak up in public, then we would get things sorted in a much more democratic manner. Some people dont seem capable of reading the letters properly and not understanding the difference between the pay review and the new grading system. Makes you wonder if they should be getting paid at all to be honest!

I would crawl back under my rock, but it just isnt big enough for my wallet anymore!!

Hey at least it looks like a Fugro guy has at least shown his face on the thread, apart from Ray Shields. At least you ex Rovtech guys and girls can now get a feel of how your new work colleagues feel. It has been said many times before yes we were happy with the money or we would have left. We have now been bought out by the Fugro corperation who pay there guys more. What is wrong with the Ex Rovtech guys getting paid the same as you guys now we are all part of the same happy familly ??? Does the fact the most of you work in west Africa make you better than us, or do you need punting down there because you are shite at your job and can get away with it down there ???

TheProphet
    Participant

You must have had a real bad experience of this harmonisation dude.
    Do you still work for one of these outrageous companys 🙂

or have you now left to chase the $ 🙄

Sausage
    Participant

[
    Hey at least it looks like a Fugro guy has at least shown his face on the thread, apart from Ray Shields. At least you ex Rovtech guys and girls can now get a feel of how your new work colleagues feel. It has been said many times before yes we were happy with the money or we would have left. We have now been bought out by the Fugro corperation who pay there guys more. What is wrong with the Ex Rovtech guys getting paid the same as you guys now we are all part of the same happy familly ??? Does the fact the most of you work in west Africa make you better than us, or do you need punting down there because you are shite at your job and can get away with it down there ???

Oh dear, it seems you have got the complete wrong end of the stick!!! I am not an original Fugro employee, just someone who thinks that everyone should get a fair deal. Bitching about everything on the internet gets you nowhere, and anyone who thinks it is going to have any bearing on the outcome of any pay negotiations are completely mad! I have never been to West Africa, and will avoid going there if at all possible. I must be better at my job than I thought, as Waynemb17 seems to think that you have to be shit if you go down there!!!! I have said it before, if you want results, try talking to the office, there are far too many people out there who slate the office and are full of it when they are offshore, but when it comes to the crunch and have the time comes when discussions are needed, are too soft to show their face. If you have the balls and the skills to actually communicate with people in the office, do it and you will be suprised at the results you might get. The rest of you, carry on bitching among yourselves and get nowhere!!! For your information, I am ex Rovtech and have been for a good while. I can see the argument from both sides, but just beleive that fairness is the only way forward.

Sausage
    Participant

sausage, a much better post, offering the whiners your educated opinion rather than abuse 😀 i agree with what you say about all the moaners, they should either do something about it if they are not happy or zip it!!!! as ray has already said on this thread use the 3 L’s, so you are packing a hefty wallet eh? well i know what you mean but i don’t like to brag as it only gets the whingers goat 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

ps apologies for the jibe about a rock

No worries Dawg, I have had worse jibes than that in my time, but I have broad shoulders and can laugh it off (I have to so I can carry my wallet)!!!
    Glad you can see my point of view, it seems a lot of people would rather moan about things on here rather than get off their arse and do something about it.

rover37
    Participant

Having read the last 18 pages or so with interest it becomes apparent that most of the bitching on this subject is a result of either listening to rumour or employees who have not read their offers correctly or understood them.

I fail to see how any ex Rovtech employees can be disapointed. They have all been offered substantial increases. Ex Fugro employees have been offered a lot less as we had big rises last year.

Understand that the rates previously quoted for supervisor are in reality Superintendant rates. Just a play on words really.
    There are two supervisor rates followed by three superintendant rates.
    As we all know that just makes five supervisor grades.

Having only worked for Fugro for a couple of years I find them generally a good company. There are a lot worse out there. Speaking to various people I have failed to come across a better sounding one when all is taken into consideration. Make no mistake they are not perfect and there is room for improvement. I should say Dave Mckay is one of the straightest bosses I have ever known.
    I suspect that with one ot two possible exceptions most of the moaners have been downgraded because they are not worth what they were previously on. They can always stick to their current contract if they are not happy.

Fugro are going in the right direction, they have put their money where their mouth is and invested somewhere in the region of 30million bucks in new systems, maybe they will have problems but at least they are trying.

Call me a company man if you want but I always try to have a bit of loyalty to whoever fills my bank account.

Paul Bond
    Participant

Rover37 – you’re a company man!

Crap joke i know, but i had to brighten this dull nightshift somehow 😆

Ray Shields
    Participant

There are several Fugro employees on this board and thread, whether they choose to identify themselves or not is up to them. Same goes for ex-Rovtech people.

Fugro only has 1 or 2 jobs going in in West Africa as far as I am aware. Most certainly not majority of work by any means.

Rover37 has summarised the position now, one ex Rovtech supervisor said he will now earn £10k a year more, he is very happy. Overall people are now brought up to the same level. Some people may choose to remain on their old contract/deal, but that is up to them, and the Company cannot force anyone off an existing contract.

Im quite sure we will continue to have a "them" and "us" situation for some time yet, same as we had with Thales, same as there is sometimes workclass vs eyeball, salary vs dayrate.

ROVvers just seem to be happiest when they are whinging, moaning and slagging off someone who is different to what they do 😆 😆

Personally, Im looking forward to a rest!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

There are several Fugro employees on this board and thread, whether they choose to identify themselves or not is up to them. Same goes for ex-Rovtech people.

But just be aware that if you do choose to identify yourself, or settle for a username that doesn’t leave much to connect the username to you, you can be reasonably sure that somehow irked management will get all up in the air about one or two things they read here and start to apply pressure from their throne in the office.

This may be a place to air your thoughts and freedom of speech should prevail but, of late, it has become very obvious that some management are using the information gathered from this forum to try and apply pressure to certain individuals at the work place. It’s happened twice now with two different companies.

This might be a timely opportunity to remind company management that this is an open discussion Forum and if they are found to be using information, gleaned from here, to make people in their employ tow the company line then I would have no problem with the names of the offending manager(s) appearing in the open. How can anyone discuss anything around here if they have to watch their back because their boss might later drag them into the office over what was said?

I find this particularly shallow and weak minded and have considered that it might even be worth us starting up a naughty manager list to shame the ones that consider this acceptable practice. 😉

As I said, of late this has happened twice.
    It’s a shame that I have to even think about this but the issue is being forced by these people so, with that in mind, I would suggest any normal ‘healthy debate type’ member currently using a username that can be connected to them very easily might wish to consider rejoining with a new name that might be a little less traceable.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar