Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

The harmonisation between Fugro and Rovtech should in no way be as "major" as the Fugro-Thales one was.

As it stands, The ROV department of Fugro Survey is basically being removed and transplanted into Rovtech to form Fugro Rovtech (or FROV as its being shortened to). The new building on Denmore Road is ready by the end of the year and offices will start being moved in Jan.

I would not expect any January pay rises, the harmonisation meetings do not start till after New Year and they wont do any pay reviews till afterwards.

Of course, remember as part of the harmonisation it may include looking at people job titles etc. I believe Rovtech have quite a few called Superintendents, but Fugros recent issue of the definitions and experiences for the different job grades may mean some in Rovtech ending up with lower job titles than they have at present.

Once the harmonisation process starts, probably wont be able to put much info about it on here (tho I’m sure others will provide 😉 )

misiuek
    Participant

oh no…… you mean i am going to lose my title

no more "jedi"

in the whole spirit of things who cares about the title its all about "the money" but saying that some are rather fond of that "supernintendo" looks good on loan applications….

my list is drawn up…. rememeber both sides have contractual differences that will be beneficail to both "parties"

regards

Sarcy
    Participant

As MissUK says it is really about the money, and the orange overalls which I need for doing DIY around the house.
    The"harmonisation" has already started and most of us are just happy to be included in the process for a change rather than getting changes on a take it or leave it basis.

It will be a pity to lose the Rovtech name in a few months though.

Bacaruda
    Participant

If there’s not a pay rise for the Rovtech guys I know some that will walk. They would have gone sooner but are waiting to see the out come of the talks

Ray Shields
    Participant

I realise its all about the money but bigger titles=bigger money, so if anyone is "re-assigned" a different title they may not get as much an increase as they expect.

How will the Rovtech name go in a few months? The company name is now Fugro-Rovtech, I cant see it changing anytime soon. Fugro-Rovtech will be doing all the ROV work, Fugro Survey will be doing all the survey.

Actually, if you look at it, Rovtech are taking over the ROV department of Fugro. There are also a LOT more Rovtech offshore guys than Fugro guys (about 130 compared to 80)

Re. walking if no payrise – same goes for some of the Fugro guys as well. I know our pay went up a few months ago to try and stop the exodus to Century, at the time that put Fugro at the top payers. But recent events means they are now being overtaken once more.

Of course dont forget that Fugro will soon have loads of new staff with the 3 training courses last year and 5 planned ones next year. If people leave they will just fill them with trainees. Eventually they will end up with no-one who knows what the hell they’re doing offshore! (no change there in some cases…)

Ho Ho Ho!

low_ir
    Participant

Ray, I don’t know who you are, but reading a lot of the posts on the various forums, some people have mixed opinions about you.
    I guess you hold some senior title within the Fugro company.

So, as a ‘respected’ man within that company I find it hard to listen to your naieve comments about people leaving the newly formed Fugro-Rovtech.

There is no way the influx of trainees will substitute an exodus of experienced personnel. You can quote the amount of employees a company has, but if they can’t tell the difference between North and South, up and down etc, what’s the point! I don’t care what title I’m given, just pay me the money.

There are a lot of good deals out there at the moment, the good guys will always find work, and that will be with rival companies.

Sarcy
    Participant

and then there is the fun of actually trying to get the Fugro and Rovtech personnel to work together on the same job.
    Whatever happens the Fugro lot will see it as Fugro having taken over Rovtech, they have been with Fugro longer so why should Rovtech be the ones getting the pay rises? Does our loyalty and service count for nothing? Blah blah blah.

all one big happy family.

misiuek
    Participant

all for one and one for all!

this talk about 2 companies , it shows the divide and the problems between 2 groups of personnel that basically do the same job , just different overalls (em and wages!) and we want the whole rov world to come together as one??

many remember when HMB got taken over by subsea and the problems and the attitudes that surfaced on that occasion.
    as Ray points out salary wise Rovtech are bringing more employees into the "deal" , a lot rovtech personnel have been there for many years , it was and is the sort of company where you could easily speak to your project manager and if still not happy it was only a short step to Andrews ear.
    will this change … probably to some extent …. but not greatly… will the deal please everyone …. not a chance … we will all, both sides have to suck it an see as the management know at the moment it is an employee market so i am sure everything will be done to keep the peace.

ray wether you are right or wrong about rovtech "superintentants" i dont think you are in the position to say on here about this, if you are part of the harmonistation committee knowledge is power dont abuse it.

love peace unity!

Ray Shields
    Participant

low_ir,

Of course dont forget that Fugro will soon have loads of new staff with the 3 training courses last year and 5 planned ones next year. If people leave they will just fill them with trainees. Eventually they will end up with no-one who knows what the hell they’re doing offshore! (no change there in some cases…)

If the forum had a "Sarcastic" mode, I would have put it round the above statement, cos thats what I was being. Or maybe we need a tongue in cheek icon ( :mrgreen: )

*I* know and *YOU* know this but Management continue to look at pure numbers. Numbers of staff stayed the same with outgoers being replaced with trainees. Maybe you missed a previous thread I started called "Is ROV Knowledge Being Lost" where I talked about the dilution of knowledge amongst the offshore staff due to too many trainees too quickly. I’m with you, call me Julie if you want, but pay me the money 😆

Also, I based my people leaving comment on the rather large number of experienced people who have been leaving over the last year from Fugro. I *HOPE* the same thing doesnt happen afte the merger, but the Company is the only ones who can stop it happening, lets hope they realise its about experience not numbers.

I can assure you that I am in no way ‘respected’ by Fugro management 😛 😛

Misiuek, I gave an opinion on what I think may happen, nothing to do with any insider knowledge you must know how everyone on here loves an opinion 😛 ). I know as much about whats happening as you do. I dont hide who I am on here, but I also am not on here as any company representative (just as well cos I dont represent them in a good light!). The harmonisation team have just been selected, no meetings or info has started as yet.

When it does, what happens in the meetings will be onpassed to members of each group and no-one else. If *THEY* want to pass any info on the process onto others, that will be up to others, not me.

Most of the people in Fugro have already had to go through a similar merger (UDI/Thales) and the them and us within the company seemed to go on forever. Fingers crossed this will not be the same again. So, the sooner we are all on the same deal the better it wil be for us all.

All the best to you all for Christmas, hope you’re tucked up at home for the festivities (tho they way they have been screaming for people I doubt it) and lets hope the Rovtech management can show the Fugro management how to treat people nicely and everyone will be happy all round and happy with their lot once the dust settles.

Sarcy
    Participant

Ha ha.

Did I say anything about being useless?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Can she make tea 😕

fiona
    Participant

apparently not 😀

waynemb17
    Participant

What a discussion. 😯 So what if they call us shithouse cleaners, pay me the money. 👿 Then there is the question of rovtechs drill support "supernintendos", Why should these guys be paid that money sat on there arse doing nothing for 3 weeks ???? Move them sideways and pay them what they are worth.Boredome money they say !!!! If these people think that they are worth more then leave " if they dare ". Lets see what happens in the new year.

Ho, ho ho merry merger.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Touched a nerve 😆

misiuek
    Participant

handbags at dawn….

actually i dont want to be called "shithouse cleaners" maybe Poopa scoopa or dunny wanny….

ah the joys of new baby speech goesy woesy!!!!

as said before the title supernintento came with pay scale "for some" it was the ellaborate and cunning ploy of sticking so many tiitles with regulated pay increases.
    of course i am c**t which is a different league all together

6 days to go!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar