Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

Givem that the overall wage bill has gone up by a substantial amount I think you can rule out 1).

Another reason people have to remember is this was a harmonisation – a joining of two companies and labour laws to be complied with (peoples T&Cs not allowed to be made worse or changed without their agreement). Also remember that this is LESS positions than Rovtech had before the merger.

The grading is certainly not as straight forward as being able to compare a Supervisor with another companys supervisor. Most of the "supervisors" on our WROVs that we have appear to be all Superintendent grades.

I wouldn’t agree its confusing to the workforce, for the first time in a long time everyone knows what everyone else is on, if you are a PT1 you KNOW that every other PT1 is on the same pay as you (loyalty bonus in addition, of course). No more Cheesy BoB special deals.

Anyway, Im away back to my baby this Friday 🙂

luckyjim37
    Participant

Cheers for the insight Ray Enjoy your trip on 5

Ray Shields
    Participant

😀

8 more reads and this thread hits the 20,000 mark, I seem to remember predicting we would reach 20k before the harmonisation was finished back in March when we first hit 10,000 reads.

😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

If only you could charge 5 pence for every hit 😀
    WoW , What a bonus 😀

Ray Shields
    Participant

That would get me offshore for 2.4 days at my new rate 😆 😆

<waves> to Jules and the others in the office who read this to see what people are saying about them 😀

Sarcy
    Participant

Just as well we are all being nice about the office staff isn’t it?

low_ir
    Participant

lostboy

I would obviously expect a percentage for starting the thread 😆

low_ir
    Participant

Ray

Thanks for letting us in on your ‘new’ rate 😉

luckyjim37
    Participant

I thought Fugro had put rates up not down Ray that would really only be about half a shift for you wouldn’t it???? ❓ 🙂

Bacaruda
    Participant

Still waiting for mine.

subman
    Participant

Well been with Rovtec / Fugro for about 2 years and rates have gone up but crewing levels have gone down .
    when doing a platform inspection job in the past its all ways been a 3 man crew for 12 hour ops one guy to fly the other on the winch and the data recorder now so how they want a 2 man crew to do data recording as well .
    so filling in all the paper work , Cp reading , Text over lay , Audio over lay and Fly .

Is this only Fugro or are other companys doing this , As far as rates go there now paying $700 USD per day

Cheers

Subman

Ray Shields
    Participant

Well been with Rovtec / Fugro for about 2 years and rates have gone up but crewing levels have gone down .
    when doing a platform inspection job in the past its all ways been a 3 man crew for 12 hour ops one guy to fly the other on the winch and the data recorder now so how they want a 2 man crew to do data recording as well .
    so filling in all the paper work , Cp reading , Text over lay , Audio over lay and Fly .

Is this only Fugro or are other companys doing this , As far as rates go there now paying $700 USD per day

Cheers

Subman

It takes 2 people to fly and data record. Once the vehicles in the water its in the water? Are you talking about eyeball or workclass? Fugro still have 3 man per 12 hour ops for worclassk as far as I am aware.

I thought 2 man team per shift for eyeballs was normal?

Sarcy
    Participant

Once again Ray you are showing your ignorance as far as any jobs other than bus driving, work class, goes.

On inspection tours, where we do inspections of an operators platforms, we normally have 2 ROV operators and 1 data dog. Especially now that we tend to use hard drive recorders for the data rather than tpae and some sort of PC driven data collection program such as COABIS for example.
    This set up usually means that the data dog is put through some sort of training program to use the equipment, the ROV boys are there to operate the ROV.

If there is a spot job, a one off that involves a quick look see at one particular part of a jacket then sometimes we go with just 2 ROV operators.

Back to your bus driving and leave the Top Gun stuff to the real pilots.

Paul Bond
    Participant

Sarcy……

"There’s bogies all over you". "Hit the brakes and he’ll fly right by" etc etc

truered
    Participant

Don’t know about the ex rovtech people but FYI for all ex fugro guys out there, any days worked between jan and end march this year do not count towards bonuses etc… and have started a fresh sheet from april 1st. 😡

don’t know yet if this applies only to those who jumped to the new contracts or to all, but start asking questions!

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar