Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Bacaruda
    Participant

Any word on January’s payrise ?.

PS just had to get this thread moving again !

liddelljohn
    Participant

you can have many pay scales in one company if you work in asia , many ROV companies here have a pay scale for westerners , another lower pay rate for Singaporians, and an even lower rate for Malays , indonesians , indians etc Canyon do it so do OC , Hallin etc etc

My present supervisor who is an excellent Singaporean Chinese Guy is on the same rate a me a mere Tech and the other shift super is a Yank on Double the rate the Singapore Guy is getting.

When i comment on it to the Chinese chap he says if he moved on to another company it would be the same.

I think it stinks , equal skill should mean equal pay.

JCL

Ray Shields
    Participant

I believe letters are now arriving at home with the pay increase starting 1st Jan 08. Its about 2.5% increase.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Why such a huge disparity of wages? Stick to your guns lads as seen in the stop work thread(s) – nobody else will do it for you…

luckyjim37
    Participant

Also Fugro left two work class vehicles with a man down in Vigo last year.

This manning argument is a load of Rubbish. As for day rates the pay at Fugro was comparable to some of the agencies so you cannot really be complaining.

There is a lot of disparity between staff but not all came onto new contracts within Fugro Rovtech and are still on old Fugro or Rovtech or even Thales contracts so of course there is not a level ground to start from.

Donnie Cameron
    Participant

Talking of work Scotty! Wanna go do some? 🙂

G-man
    Participant

with all the talk of (dis) harmonisation, the "fuch" personel might want to keep a watch on the stena rates…. 44% over 2 years? As for eastern block workers coming over we must have the only Scotish immigrant in Poland.
    With the offer of £25 extra to work in west africa I can see a veritable stampede of muppets to the ops manager’s office fighting for the jobs. The rumour is that the survey department are going to issue personel with TOM TOM sat nav so they can find their way back after being kidnapped…..
    solidarnosc brothers

Thas as long as you can get the Tom Tom past customs, security, police, and the taxi driver/company rep (who will be Nigerian).

rovpilot
    Participant

you can have many pay scales in one company if you work in asia , many ROV companies here have a pay scale for westerners , another lower pay rate for Singaporians, and an even lower rate for Malays , indonesians , indians etc Canyon do it so do OC , Hallin etc etc

My present supervisor who is an excellent Singaporean Chinese Guy is on the same rate a me a mere Tech and the other shift super is a Yank on Double the rate the Singapore Guy is getting.

When i comment on it to the Chinese chap he says if he moved on to another company it would be the same.

I think it stinks , equal skill should mean equal pay.

JCL

Ja i also agree, but i bet they have a big house, servants, nice car etc. Working with a South African who is on less than me but he coud afford a 4-5 bedroom house with swimming pool, BMW in the garage. If i wanted that in UK id have to be making a lot more than what im on.
    Flood the market with chinese skilled labour? Watch what will happen to the rates…
    Rovpilot

ROVRatt
    Participant

Ja i also agree, but i bet they have a big house, servants, nice car etc. Working with a South African who is on less than me but he coud afford a 4-5 bedroom house with swimming pool, BMW in the garage. If i wanted that in UK id have to be making a lot more than what im on.

What would you say to supervisors on Pound rates (point of hire UK) now living in South Africa? What could they afford then? This is a global industry where a barrel of oil costs the same everywhere, so the rate of pay for all doing the same work should be similar. You can also move to a cheaper country then.

Ray Shields
    Participant

What would you say to supervisors on Pound rates (point of hire UK) now living in South Africa? What could they afford then? This is a global industry where a barrel of oil costs the same everywhere, so the rate of pay for all doing the same work should be similar. You can also move to a cheaper country then.

I would say good for them to manage to get that deal.

ROV industry is no difference to any other job – different countries, even different parts of the same country, pay different rates for the same job. Who should ROV be any difference. If we could all get the highest rate (Norwegian rates) and live in the cheapest part of China, then that would be perfect, but that would suit very few people. Those who it can, good for them.

How about we are ALL paid the same as the Chinese, would you like that? That would be fair to the lowest paid then 😀

luckyjim37
    Participant

Ray you have made a fair point. I have another idea. How about payment on geographic location ignoring which country you were born in.

I.E. Pay all the tax dodgers who live in Thailand Thia rates. Or am I just bitter after paying my tax bill yesterday. 😕

rovpilot
    Participant

ROV industry is no difference to any other job – different countries, even different parts of the same country, pay different rates for the same job. Who should ROV be any difference. If we could all get the highest rate (Norwegian rates) and live in the cheapest part of China, then that would be perfect, but that would suit very few people. Those who it can, good for them.

How about we are ALL paid the same as the Chinese, would you like that? That would be fair to the lowest paid then 😀

Exactly, the only reason a brit/US/norwegain citizen get paid X amount is if we were getting paid any less, we could get jobs ashore in UK for the same. I hear it from the Brazilians all the time griping about there low rates and our high rates. Our pay is all relative to our economy.

Different rates for different countries

ROVpilot

ROVRatt
    Participant

Interesting observation here, Those advocating different pay for different parts of the world are those on the higher rates.

Would you really be singing the same tune if you were on a lower rate and working on the same system with guys that were getting a higher rate but doing the same work as you? You wouldn’t feel a twinge of resentment? And there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it due to the pure geographical accident of birth, no matter what a whizkid ROV guy you are. No, just accept it because you weren’t born in the right place.

Now lets hear from the guys that are on the lower rates and see if they agree.

rovpilot
    Participant

Interesting observation here, Those advocating different pay for different parts of the world are those on the higher rates.

Would you really be singing the same tune if you were on a lower rate and working on the same system with guys that were getting a higher rate but doing the same work as you? You wouldn’t feel a twinge of resentment? And there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it due to the pure geographical accident of birth, no matter what a whizkid ROV guy you are. No, just accept it because you weren’t born in the right place.

Now lets hear from the guys that are on the lower rates and see if they agree.

ROVratt,
    I work all the time with people who are on higher rates, usuall old supervisors and agency hands who have been around for a good while and not much good at heehaw. Resentment? Sometimes a wee bit, the companies know who those people are and they are usually first out the door when things go quiet.
    Anyway…

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Talking of work Scotty! Wanna go do some? 🙂

Cannae now dude – well-deserved time off (you home??)!! But just remember whom was on (the very wet) deck and who waen’t durring the "last shift" Re: one x rov dude and one x 3.4 dude only…

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar