Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    rovbionic
    Participant

Javcolin
    Where and for who was this offer from…talk about dark ages….strange how Sub Eng is pretty much getting GBP 360 right across the board from what I have experienced.

Javcolin
    Participant

well this one was from Fugro Singapore. and as stuff thouse are the rates they are handling for Sub eng and Sup 1. unless they screw it up. but that´s the contract. as a freelance was pretty much like UK rates

any other input on salaries???

ROVRatt
    Participant

Something to think about.

Years ago you could look into the engine room of any reputable merchant ship and find a Scotsman or two and maybe some expats. Look now and you will mainly find Phillipino and other Indo easterners.

Why?

Because the companies found they could pay the Easterners less than the Brits and other expats. Gradually the Brits and other expats were replaced. In the ROV industry, which is no longer the preserve of Yanks and Brits but going global like the merchant shipping industry. do you think the companies are going to keep expensive expats if they can find cheaper Easteners to do the same job for less money? You think these companies have loyalty towards expensive you? They definitely have loyalty to their shareholders and bank balances though.

I would be careful to shout down the disparity in rates and say that if they are not happy with the rates they can negotiate a better rate. Remember that the eastern cultures do not easily oppose authority and its easy for a westerner to abuse them. This could lead to the demise of the high pay ROV industry for the same reason European and American factories have moved to China to take advantage of cheap labour.

By the way, do you realise that the companies that are paying the expats more and the Easterners less on the same system are charging the client the same for each guy on the same scale? If they charged the client less for the Easterner I could understand but they’re not.

What happened to the great British and American principles of equal pay for equal work? Or do I detect arrogance, prejudice and greed?

Kalbo
    Participant

Here here. 💡

Your correct min. 🙄

well lets see what happens.!!!

Down time may be rising!!!!!!!! 😯 😯 😯

Bacaruda
    Participant

Hearing all is not well at Fugro-Rovtech.

Loads of work but,

No Pay Rises !

No Promotion !

Moral dropping like a stone !

grassyscones
    Participant

Loads of work but,

No Pay Rises !

No Promotion !

Confirmed!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

Loads of work but,

No Pay Rises !

No Promotion !

Confirmed!!

However, no redundancies. It was touch and go, which would people prefer, jobs with no rises or risk of losing a job?

However, this is a very old thread. These time are thankfully improving, 14 Trainees are presently being recruited and the promotion freeze is being ended.

grassyscones
    Participant

Just and update on this thread.

No Pay Rises !

No Promotions !

Soon No staff !

Ray Shields
    Participant

So the holiday pay at full offshore rate is not a significant payrise?

I would also point out the other well known phrase

"The Grass is always greener".

John Thomas
    Participant

Grassyscone is right. I called it a day with that outfit some time ago. Still in touch with a few boys who are thinking the same. Dont understand how they can be pleading poverty while buying up other company’s left right and centre. Yes Ray, the grass is greener where I am. However, it is a very hollow statement to make, but probably easy to say as I’m sure your pay package is a bit bigger than the numerous scrotes stuck at PT3 or 4 in Fugro.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Said from someone who has just joined the site today and this is your first post?

John Thomas
    Participant

Yeah, I just joined today. No need to be like that Ray. Was just contributing to the topic. Expected a more mature approach from a moderator to be honest.

grassyscones
    Participant

So the holiday pay at full offshore rate is not a significant payrise?

I would also point out the other well known phrase

"The Grass is always greener".

Even after the "holiday pay money" people are still short of contracts they had 2-3 years ago. Some guys have been at the company for over 3 years and are still at PT3. The longer it goes on the less experienced Pilots they will have. You can only pass off so many trainees as pilots before clients start noticing. You know yourself how many people have been left/ been leaving recently

me
    Participant

Said from someone who has just joined the site today and this is your first post?

It could be that he don’t want to show who he is, nothing wrong with that i think,
    When people have been many years with the same company some of these people think there is no better than that company: i am sure you know what i mean. BTW quite a few Bosses have told me they like people who have been around and don’t stick with 1 company, they like people who keep them self updated on a lot of different systems 😉

Robert Black
    Participant

BTW quite a few Bosses have told me they like people who have been around and don’t stick with 1 company, they like people who keep them self updated on a lot of different systems 😉

Just out of interest, have these bosses been saying that to you as they encourage you to leave and usher you out of the door? Yep, every employer likes a CV that shows the person can’t hold down a job. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar